Why can't I add more than 1 model template for a phone model?

With Zero Config I am able to have multiple templates for a single phone model. With GDMS I seem to be limited to one model template per phone model.

I have always liked the ability to put features sets into groups and them be able to apply those feature sets to whichever phones I wanted to.

Is there a way to do this with GDMS?

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! Users can create multiple templates in “By model” module for the same model with different template names. Then, users can assign the different devices (same model) to different sites, and assign the multiple templates to different sites so that this feature can be resolved. In short, users can create multiple model templates for a phone model, but the templates need to be assigned to different sites (each site only has 1 model template).

Thank you!

@GSSupport74 that is a limitation that really needs to be addressed. IMHO and experience I believe we need easy ways to assign multiple templates for a model to a site. In fact, we need to be able to preselect which template(s) should be assigned to each phone per how Zero Config does it to meet real world needs.

Dear Drostoker,

Thanks for your suggestion and testing! We will consult this request with your suggestion and try to find out a solution for this request. Thanks for your feedback about this issue.

Thank you!