When using a 3.5mm headset with embedded microphone, WP800 still uses it's built-in microphone

This doesn’t make sense since if someone’s using a headset with microphone, they expect to have their hands free from the device, which in this case can’t happen because you need to speak directly to the device’s microphone.

This was tested with the latest firmware version (1.0.0.16)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We will check this issue.

Hi,

We tested using an Apple wired earphone and the mic worked only on the earphone. Could you please let us know what brand headset you used? Did it use a single 3.5mm plug or does it have two 3.5mm pin plug?

Thanks

Hi,

One more thing. We noticed that some 3.5mm pin plug are too wide and cannot fit. Could you confirm if this is the issue in your case?

Thanks

I’ve tested again and it seems that the headset wasn’t properly plugged in, so it’s working now. However, on incoming calls I get the alert (just the alert) on both the speaker and the headset. Is this the normal behavior?

Hi,

It is normal that it will ring both the handset speaker and headset. I believe that by default the option “Always ring speaker” is enabled under Web UI->Phone settings->Call settings. If you uncheck it, then it will just ring headset.

Thanks