WAVE or Web browser remote access

Config: UCM 6301 1.0.13.9 code - external interface has a public IP. Custom port number setup w/ UCM firewall rules to allow specific IPs to access the custom UCM port # for management.

I would like to allow remote users sign-in on a remote extensions either using WAVE or a web browser directly to the UCM.

I have GDMS working such that a user can signin connection to the gdms hostname (123456789012-12345,e,gdms,cloud) and make calls. But when the subscription lapses, I would like the users to connect directly to the UCM’s public IP.

Question: It looks like the only way a WAVE user or web browser can connect directly to the UCM is by using the custom port # setup for https access for the admin interface and there is no way to setup a different custom port number for the remote users, correct? I want to keep access to the admin i/f and the remote users on separate ports. I know for security it would be best to use GDMS hostname, but just wondering if there’s a way to avoid a subscription since I can provide direct access?

first of all update the FW of UCM6301,
no need to NAT any port,
use the remote connect of UCM6301

Dear user,

Thank you for using the UCMRC service and UCM63xx! As Damiano claimed, you may need to upgrade your UCM63xx to our latest version to obtain better using experiences. If you are using UCMRC remote access domain address, you do not need to configure other extra settings. If you are using the public IP, you can configure the port as the screenshot shows below:

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Thank you!

Thanks for both the replies. I plan on upgrading in the next few months.

I missed the HTTP Server configuration section where you can set WAVE parameters explicitly. I will play around setting the External Host to the hostname of the external IP of the UCM, use a different port # and disable the Media NAT Traversal Service and test it out. I thought it wasn’t possible since clicking on the Wave link while at the admin login screen redirected my browser to HOSTNAME:ADMIN_PORTNUMBER/gswave/#/

Dear user,

Thanks for your feedback! You can check our UCM6300 Remote Work Environment – Setup Guide if you have a chance:

https://documentation.grandstream.com/knowledge-base/ucm6300-remote-work-environment-setup-guide/

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Thank you!