Voicemail to email just quit working


Good afternoon.

I have a 6202 where the voicemail to email feature has been working fine for a month or better after initial setup. Then yesterday it just quit sending them out. I checked the email log on the UCM and there were no attempted emails to correspond with messages left. (I checked this first because I figured that the UCM was sending them but that gmail was blocking them for security reasons.)

So I rebooted the UCM and it started working again. But now the client is nervous because they have to know in real time if they get a voice message if they’re not in the office.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to avoid this happening again?

I’m on firmware version

Thanks in advance,



You can set up a report like a CDR log or a system event that happens regularly to be emailed to you. If you ever don’t get your timed email you know something is wrong.

Having said that, I have not had any email issues thus far on over a dozen systems using


Yeah, neither have I. I only have a handful of systems on this firmware build, but I’ve not had this happen before.

You’re idea is a very good one - at least I’d know that it wasn’t sending emails out.




Hi mbrenneman,

We have successfully deployed a UCM6208 (V 1.0.17). We have email-to-voicemail enabled, and has been working for about 1 week. Suddenly they stopped (including system event messages). To get the functionality back, we make a small change to something on the system and click APPLY (which re-initializes some of the modules). Email function begins to work, and then stops several hours later.

We have yet to do a full reboot on the system, and will schedule on soon.

But just wondering if you were able to determine a cause or a permanent solution to your issue.



I would start your own post for this. Let us know if the issue continues after the reboot.



I did as lstutesman suggested above. After a reboot I have not had a recurrence of the original problem. But I do get a CDR every day by email at 6pm on the dot!


I have experienced this same issue and it’s extremely frustrating. There are other posts where others have had the same issue. Please be sure to create a ticket with support, they need to adjust their process for sending voicemail and not remove voicemail from the system until it’s successfully sent.


I rebooted the UCM (not soft reboot, but hard reboot by doing a power down and then starting up again), and the issue has not occurred again. It’s been working well for 4 days now. I’ll post back in case the problem resurfaces, but for now, the hard reboot may have resolved the issue.


It has happened to us several times on multiple customers. Rebooting solves it but no rhyme or reason.