Voicemail removal

feature-request

@grandstream
I’d just like to say that I just spent over an hour deleting 400 voicemails one by one by one by one by one one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one…

Would you pleeeeeeeease add a way to bulk delete voicemails as soon as humanly possible? :slight_smile:

I suppose you needed voicemail #401, so it wasn’t possible to just delete the extension and re-create :wink:

Just wondering if the “System Cleanup / Reset” would have helped you here?

Sure, if it was just one extension that wouldn’t be so bad. Of course when it’s the boss of a million dollar company, you don’t tell him he has to recreate all his voicemail messages every month because I don’t like hitting the delete button a couple hundred times every time he fills it.

Please correct this if I am wrong, but I’m pretty sure the system cleanup only kicks in when the local storage is almost full and not when a single mailbox has reached its capacity.

We’ve never actually used it, but I think you might be right.

Voicemail is e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y combersom on the Grandstream UCM when compared to several competitors products in its class.

Web Interface - Yes there should be a bulk delete or striped set delete. You can select all messages but cannot delete more than one. That is unnecessarily cumbersom.

Web Interface Download Yes, absolutley, as requested elsewhere, the metatdata from the message including the caller ID time and date should be included in the file name as it is in most competitive products that provide for a download.

Voicemail to E-Mail - The E-Mail settings provide for POP3 download from the e-mail server. This is used when sending a fax via email for example. Many other product provide a method to save or delete voicemail within the email received from the voicemail-to-email function by inserting a link. They do this by replying to the message with a subject line or message content that specifies the action.

At a minimum it should be possible to delete the voicemail from the email once it has been dealt with. This would eliminate the need to log in or call in to delete the messages one-by-one periodically - typically not until the system is failing to meet the users expectations because the mailbox is full.