Vlan preventing extension from registering

ip-communications

Setup a vlan on gwn7000. I now have default 192.168.1.x and voip 192.168.20.x.

When gswave try’s to do a remote access to my ucm 20.x from the 1.x network, it will not register extension.

I can get it to register when I am on an outside network and I can register to outside UCMs from inside the network, but I can register from a gswave on vlan to the ucm on another vlan within the same router.

Any idea what I am missing??

If I put gswave on voip network, it works. If I put wired phones on the default network to register to the ucm, that works. Only trouble is with the gswave.

On the device with GSwave can you reach the web gui of the UCM? Also, if not enabled turn on Register SIP failed in system Events and see if you get a Alert Log when you try to register gswave over 1.x network.

Thanks for the response. I do appreciate it!

I am able to get to my ucm GUI from the Device that has the wave app. I am able to do this from the default vlan even though the ucm is on the voip vlan.

I set up the notification to show failed registration but when I try to register, I do not get a report. I assume the traffic is being held up at the router.

A little confusing -

In the initial statement, you indicated that you cannot access the UCM using the 1.x network. I understand this part. What is missing is that it is not stated how connected, WiFi or mobile data (cellular) and if the same connection is used throughout the thread or is it a combination depending on where you?

You then stated -
“I can get it to register when I am on an outside network and I can register to outside UCMs from inside the network, but I can register from a gswave on vlan to the ucm on another vlan within the same router.”

Is there a VPN between UCMs. Vlan info is not carried on the open Internet so that may make sense that you would not be able to register in some cases.

The other statements are also confusing as you stated “If I put gswave on voip network, it works. If I put wired phones on the default network to register to the ucm, that works. Only trouble is with the gswave.” This may depend on the router options or how the devices “find” the UCM or are told to look on the VoIP Vlan.

As the UCM does not have a different VLAN for data (web) and one for Voice, all communications should be on the voice Vlan if indeed the UCM is set to the vlan.

I assume the IP subnets being issued for the data and voice vlans are different? You might check to see if that is how you got to the UCM web.

Can you clarify more so of the setup?

Sorry about the Delay. Let me try to clarify this more. I know it’s confusing and I apologize.

I have an office with one internet connection. It goes to a grandstream router gwn7000. There I created two subnets.

Default 192.168.1.0 with office wifi
And
Voip 192.168.20.0 with voip wifi.

I am able to keep every voip device on voip network with the exception of the users using their cell phones with gswave. I want all cell phones on the default network.

When they try to register to the ucm from the default to the voip network, it does not register.

If I put them (gswave cellphones) on the voip wifi , it works. Also, If I use only their mobile network, it works. But never works on the default Network wifi.

I placed a remote extension (gxp2130) on the default network (wired) and it registers to the ucm on the voip network.

I have another office with a ucm set up a few miles away. I figured I would try to see if I could get the gswave to register to that as an experiment. It registers on the default, voip, and cellphone mobile networks.

It would seem that only the gswave fails and only when I try to hairpin it from one vlan to the web and back on the other vlan.

Both networks can get to the web and I am able to access the ucm GUI (192.168.20.6) from either vlan.

I hope this helps. Sorry again for the delay on responding.

I see a mention of vlan, but it is not described as to how applied. You have described two subnets, but not how a device accesses the UCM from either subnet.

The issue is that subnets and vlans are different. WIth the subnet, you assign the device an IP on a given network and then with vlans you send packets of data that are identified with the vlan identifier so that the devices also associated to the same vlan will see and react to the data while others on the same subnet and not on the vlan will not react to the data.

Thank you for the response!!! Any solution as to how I can fix this issue??

How many devices are on the data subnet/vlan and how many are on the voice subnet/vlan?