Updating templates

I’ve got a question about managing templates. I’m a hosted PBX provider. Say I’ve got 50 customers configured in GDMS, each as separate organizations. When I create new org’s, I copy templates from my default org to configure the phones with basic requirements for my hosted PBX system.

If I need to make a change to those templates, is there a way to push updates to the template to all of the organizations? I can imagine that as I grow as a provider, trying to update a template for every organization will be extremely tedious and prone to error. Has anyone considered creating something like shared global templates?

Thanks!
-Blake

Hi,

I don’t have a solution, but I want to ask you a question,
suppose you can do it, and update xx customers simultaneously, imagine you have a problem (of any form and source), you would have a problem on all customers,
which is more serious than doing one customer at a time.

Obviously it’s just a thought of mine that I wanted to share with you :slight_smile:

You’re right. That would be a problem, but I’m not suggesting the templates be pushed to all devices at once. The templates could be updated globally and then be pushed to the devices org by org.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! Thanks for your nice suggestions! If the user has multiple organizations, the user could assign the template in the account to the sub-organization to push the template to the devices. Currently, GDMS platform does not support global template since some configuration settings in different models include different options. We will evaluate this feature request and consult a better solution for this request in GDMS future release. Thanks for all your testing!

Thank you!