UCM6510 doesn't send SIP 200 OK, what happen

Hi guys, should i turn “Allow Guest Calls” on in SIP setting ?

No, it presents a security risk and as calls are being seen by the UCM, it will not help.

Can you tell me what is different between Route mode and Dual mode ?
In my case, is there any traffic use NAT from LAN1 to LAN2 ?, if yes, how can i show NAT transitions on UCM ?

What Router are you using with this set up ? surely not the UCM…

Hi
Router belong to SIP provider network, i don’t know what is it

10.115.50.252 (LAN1-UCM) --(LAN2 - UCM) 10.163.2.182 ---- 10.163.2.181 (Provider router) ---- 10.163.201.4 (SIP provider server) — 10.99.2.102 (SIP provider server #2)

Anyone can tell me is there any problem with the SIP header i show bellow.
SIP invinte from 201.4 to UCM (2.182), but i see "To sip:…@10.163.201.4

And 1 more thing
Someone tell me should insert IP LAN2 to External host; add all local LAN to Local network address.
Should i try it ?

No,
It is better to set Static routing correctly if you have dual LAN.
As far i checked logs it look like UCM respond (i think) - not have lately much time.

Something like this (correct number or port i show it wrong), same for 2 provider.

i think I already setup static route correctly
If you see the capture file above, you will find for Failed calls UCM doesn’t send 200 OK, or send it very lately to SIP provider

I think that setting UCM to non “Switch” mode can only create confusion and problems if not set correctly. I also read many posts for similar problems.
I impose all the UCMs in Switch and make the external Firewall do the right job, and I have never had these problems.
Remains however my personal deduction :slight_smile:

You are missing the External IP from the Sip Settings page - External Host…

Try to open ticket to GS directly. I have little time lately to fully check logs.
Static look fine.

Anyone can help me to see the syslog for these Failed calls. I see so many error message but have no experience about them

syslog(4).zip (4.0 MB)

We are going to start over, as the pcap you took of LAN1 and then LAN2 do not correlate to one another. You asked me to look at one of the failed calls which shows on one capture, but has no reference in the other. Additionally, the LAN1 capture has calls that appear to be externally originated that do not show in LAN2. So, I am not able to really use these.

However, in looking at the LAN1 pcap below, why is the UCM seeing a call and then repeatedly trying to send it to the same extension time after time and with a new cseq for each?

In an earlier post you showed 8618 to be in a call queue, yet on each attempt to deliver the call the phone is responding as being busy. The system is trying to send the call once a second for a period of 4 seconds and then starts over. You can also see another call trying to reach 8618 in between. The same is occurring with 8609, which is in a different call Q.

This makes me wonder if the agents are putting their phones on DND rather than using the dial codes to agent pause and un-pause. It also make me wonder if they are using the local phone DND rather than the syncronizing codes with the PBX so that the system knows the phone is DND. If the system knows the phone is busy, it will not send a call to the phone. However, if the system does not know this, it will send the call, but it also make me wonder how the Q itself is set.

This is my Call Q setting, default parameters for Advanced Settings

Question @buratino01
What router firewall is in place before the UCM ?

What about the details for Queue 9106?

What about the DND or agent pause questions?

Are the agent phones set to accept multiple calls?

You have multiple trunks, is there one in particular where the 200OK issue is observed? Is it one, two… all? Or, is there one where it is never seen?

All of these questions are important and the answers to same are crucial. We must understand why the system thinks that the extensions are available to take a call only to have the extensions constantly inform they are busy. This is causing a lot of unnecessary traffic, CPU load, etc.

No one is going to look at a syslog. They simply contain too much extraneous info to sift thru in order to guess which call is impacted and not knowing how the PBX was set to handle when the call arrived or if dialed, what trunk, call pattern, what was or not heard, etc., it is a tedious effort in futility.

There may be more than one issue, but we can only deal with one at a time and once one issue is resolved, it may have resolved some others and if not, we deal with the next.

My site has no router or firewall on the route to SIP provider. But provider has at least 1 router

What about the details for Queue 9106?
–> the same configuration with Queue 9101, just difference agents.

What about the DND or agent pause questions?
–> Of course, when someone is not at her table, she presses DND button on the phone.

Are the agent phones set to accept multiple calls?
–> No, we setup only accept 1 call at a time

You have multiple trunks, is there one in particular where the 200OK issue is observed? Is it one, two… all? Or, is there one where it is never seen?
–> all trunks get the same problem, but i focus on the trunk we have highest number of calls.

All of these questions are important and the answers to same are crucial. We must understand why the system thinks that the extensions are available to take a call only to have the extensions constantly inform they are busy. This is causing a lot of unnecessary traffic, CPU load, etc.
–> at the beginning i also thought about the very complex configuration i made. But that is our business requirement.

Is the DND button synchronized with the dial code features of the UCM? How were the phones provisioned, manually or zero-config? So, at the extension level settings in the UCM, call waiting is turned off?
How many line appearances are set on the phone?

Is the DND button synchronized with the dial code features of the UCM?

• I keep default setting on UCM code features (*77; *78 for DND, *83 and *84 for Agent pause). On phone / Call features the “Mute Key Functions While Idle” is checked to DND. But now we use Agent pause logout a phone of a queue.

How were the phones provisioned, manually or zero-config? So, at the extension level settings in the UCM, call waiting is turned off?
All phones are configured manually. I disable call waiting on phone (select disable call waiting and disable call waiting tone).
Where is the “extension level setting in UCM” ?

How many line appearances are set on the phone?
Each phone has only an extension