I recently setup a UCM6208 with 8 GRP2614’s in our office when our old ATT Merlin system stopped working.
I’m trying to replicate the old Merlin system.
setup is as follows
UCM6208: Analog Trunk1, Analog Trunk2, Analog Trunk3. all in SCA mode
SCA: Trunk1- 1000-1010(1000 for SCA Trunk, 1001-1008 account1 for Phones and VMPK1 Shared)
SCA: Trunk2- 2000-2010(2000 for SCA Trunk, 2001-2008 account2 for Phones and VMPK2 Shared)
SCA: Trunk3- 3000-3010(3000 for SCA Trunk, 3001-3008 account3 for Phones and VMPK3 Shared)
Now the issue starts when Trying to dial out using Trunk2/3(VMPK2/3), It always wants to use Trunk1.
I can call all 3 trunks using my Cell phone and each Specific Trunk will ring. If I call Trunk1, and then someone tries to use trunk2/3 to dial out we get an all circuits are busy error. If I call trunk2/3 and try and call out Trunk1 there sno issue, If I try and call out Trunk3 it still uses Trunk1 to make the call even though I used VMPK3(which is account 3 tied to turnk3) it still make the call using trunk1.
If I do a test Call to my cell phone from the UCM6028 from Trunk1-3 it uses the correct Trunk.
Now I have also tried setting in outbound routes for each trunk to use a Specific Trunk to see if that would help and it doesn’t. Ive even set a Time for it which is 24/7 to only use that trunk, I have also added in the other 2 Trunks for failovers to try and get this to work but no luck.
I have also tested using SLA that works fine except for in order to dial out using SLA we have to type in the extension the trunk is on which is a pain. so for example Trunk1 is 1000 in SLA, in order to dial out when you pick up the line you 1st wait for dialtone, then dial 1000, then have to wiat for the UCM6208 to confirm usually takes a few seconds then you get dial tone again and then you can Enter the phone number. If you just try and enter a phone number without dialing the lines extension you get an error.
Also zero config for the GRP2614’s are messed up, when you try and setup a VMPK inside the zero config for the phone using SHARED it actually uses LDAP instead so the zero config settings don’t match up with the phone settings, you have to manually log into the phone to make a lot of these changes which defeats the purpose of zero config.
UCM6208 was updated to firmware 220.127.116.11 before i did anything
Phones head to be updated to Beta firmware 18.104.22.168 before UCM would even interact with them, I’ve since updated the phones to 22.214.171.124 Release.