UCM6204 IVR DTMF with IPhone problem

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with UCM6204 and IVR. It does not recognize DTMF from iphone (incoming call through analog FX), but other phones are ok, only iphone is problem. Firmware is the newest. Does anybody have this situation?
Thanks for any answer.

first make sure that the iPhone outputs DTMF correctly,
example call other numbers, for example toll-free numbers, where you need to dial digits in DTMF and see if it works.

But it is problem with incoming calls which are landing into grandstream pbx ivr, and there is a problem with dtmf, because it does not recognize dtmf and therefore ivr is not responding accordingly …

I can only rely on what you wrote, can you do the test below?

first make sure that the iPhone outputs DTMF correctly,
example call other numbers, for example toll-free numbers, where you need to dial digits in DTMF and see if it works.

Try to change the dtmf start and end threshold

Tried to change treshold, but no change …
iPhone is working to other numbers of course …
is there anything else what should I try?

Have you got an android phone to test the ivr? what happens with that device? does it fail or work?

Problem is only with iphone, android is working good …

What is the DTMF type set to in the UCM?
The key is how is the ITSP delivering the DTMF?
You could try and switch the type to inband and test.

OK, so tried to switch DTMF type to every possible option without success. I also had debug logs, but there is really no DTMF when the call comes from iphone (pressing short and long but in logs no DTMF). If the call comes from Android everything is working fine. Is there anything else what I should try?

this should tell you that iPhone is not sending DTMF tones, so look for the problem on iOS

You need to capture an analog trace on the UCM to confirm whether the DTMF is received or not.

Ok, so I captured analog trace and really there is no DTMF in RX raw file. I am trying to get another iphone with different version of ios to test …

Ok so test with another iphone is the same, no dtmf at all, I have no DTMF set as inband, android works ok, also another public phone works ok, problem is only with iphone with two different version of ios.

As I mentioned you need to capture an analog trace from the UCM to check whether the DTMF is received or not.
Under Maintenance Signaling troubleshooting > Analog trace

Yes, that’s what I did.

Can you provide the analog trace?
Try to press the DTMF multiple times while capturing the analog trace

I see that there are no DTMfs and the audio has some cuts

Yes, thats what i wrote before … but I dont know what to do with this, why only IOS is problem and nothing else. And what I should tell now to my customer which has the UCM6204 and some of his customers cannot get correctly to IVR :frowning:

if the ios device can call other places and use the dtmf menu, then the iphone is ok.

it most likely seems like only iphones, but it could be exclusive to one company

the dtmf is sent from the provider, if it works for 90 percent of calls, then it is most likely the provider has a bad trunk or interconnect with a carrier. call your carrier and report the call example.