UCM "Ring Simultaneously" in Extension setup

Hi

Ive been requested to have a desk phone AND there mobile phone ring, i see in the UCM there is a “Ring Simultaneously” setting with an external number. How does this work? My assumptions are:

Incoming call to that extension, the UCM also calls the external mobile (using another line) at the same time (assuming “All TIme” is selected?

• Who gets the call? will the desktop stop ringing if the mobile gets the call?
  • I assume if the mobile goes to voicemail the desktop drops the call (as it was answer via the mobile)?
  • Is this a stable idea?
  • If the desk picks up, does the mobile stop ringing? (even if it goes to voicemail?)

• Who gets the call? will the desktop stop ringing if the mobile gets the call?
    Whichever device answers first. And the device that answers will cause the other to stop ringing.
  • I assume if the mobile goes to voicemail the desktop drops the call (as it was answer via the mobile)?
    If it the mobile VM kicks in, the call is answered; the other stops.
  • Is this a stable idea?
    Yes, and no.
  • If the desk picks up, does the mobile stop ringing? (even if it goes to voicemail?)
    Yes.

Yes and no. If you are not around the desk phone, then OK, but if you are around it, then your cell phone will still ring so now you have both phones ringing and there will likely be a small delay when the phone that did not answer stops ringing. Additionally, if the mobile is out of range or turned off, chances are that the call will be answered by the mobile VM which may occur before the desk phone is answered if the person was present. Look at follow-me as a better alternative.

Thanks, did not think about what happens if the mobile is out of range… hence the reason for the question.

For now ive told the client its not possible due to “when call gets collected” complications.

there is also a fundamental problem, if you answer from your mobile phone you cannot handle the call (you cannot transfer it), which is a big flaw.
Panasonic for example has the option to handle the call with the “#”, you’d be perfect.

There are MANY basic flaws in the system, still waiting for Group Voicemail to be fixed, had a ticket open about 4+ years for that… told it was fixed and it wasnt…

Still doesnt work the same as Cisco and FreePBX, you know the 2 systems you try and move them away from and cant due to basic functionality… !

I add the deviation BLF key (to activate the deviation with 1 click, and signal with the green / red led if the deviation is active …
… the complete lack of CTI owner …
as you say there would be a list of deficiencies, which all competitors have