UCM 6208 Sip Peer Trunk UCM 6208

Hi,
Forgive me if I get anything wrong in this its my first time here and first time setting up a phone system.

About 2 months ago my company decided that we needed a local phone system on each of our sites (2 sites via VPN)

We link UCM site-to-site UCM Via a SIP peer trunk to allow me to test a few things.

The SIP trunk is set up and showing as Available on both UCM’s and I have configured inbound and outbound rules on both UCM’s the first one using a [12]XX range and the second on a [12]XX range of numbers.

On both UCM
Outbound Routes Pattern _5[12]XX Strip 1
Inbound Routes Pattern _[12]XX by DID

If dialing from extension (any UCM) 1XX then all good, but if dialling from extension 2XX then All circuit are busy now, why, what’s wrong?

Both UCM6208 have the same firmware

Version Information

Core

Base

GSWave

Lang

Program

Recovery

Any help would be appreciated.

Hii,

I have also done this kind of installation and same issue occurs to me. But in finally we got the issue is coming from the Firewall side.
Please check with your firewall team.

To be clear, if you are able to dial from either UCM and then receive at the extension on the other end, then it is not likely to be a firewall issue as the firewall has no idea of extension numbers and if using a VPN as indicated the firewall is not involved.

You might simply try and make another entry into each rule or even a new set of rules where the outbound reads:
_51XX
_52XX
Strip 1
Internal

Inbound:
1XX
2XX
By DID

Do you have filter on source caller id set?

the simplest thing is to create two different numbers
a- 1xx
b- 2xx
otherwise you will always need to think about what can and what can not be done

Damiano

I will bring a little clarity and the results of my experiments

We have Site A with extensions 101, 102, 201, 202 and Site B with the same extensions

Situation 1

On Site A, phones with extensions 101, 102, 201, 202 are registered on UCM (Status Idle) and are used by employees.
On Site B, phones with extensions 101, 102 are registered on UCM (Status Idle) while 201, 202 are not registered at the station. (Status Unavailable)

If I’m on Site A dialing from a phone with extension 201 or 202 any extension on site B, then I hear all the circuits are busy and in the capture packet I see SIP 401

If I’m on Site A dialing from a phone with extension 101 or 102 any extension on site B, then all good

Situation 2.

On Site A, phones with extensions 101, 102, 201, 202 are registered on UCM (Status Idle) and are used by employees.
On Site B, phones with extensions 101, 102, 201, 202 are registered on UCM (Status Idle). If I’m on Site A or Site B dialing any extension then all good

Based on this, I see a problem in the intersection of numbers on both sides

I assume possible, but would need to see the trace. Most will suggest that when peering PBXs, it is usually a best practice to insure the extension ranges do not overlap.