UCM 6204 Hacked Analog Ports Outbound International Calls

Thanks, but this string was/is not correct for the US market (NANPA - North America Numbering Plan) -
“NxxNxxNxxx”

it would have worked for most calls, but -

A NANPA number is comprised of:

1. “1” used to indicate long distance calling and is not always required depending on provider/call type
  2. NXX - area code where the leading digit is 2-9
  3. NXX - exchange where the leading digit is 2-9
  4. XXXX - number where any number is allowed in any position. (your have NXXX)
    Special dial strings comprised of 3 digits are also allowed with such examples being 211, 411, 811, 911, etc.

However, using the X in all locations is a safe bet, as if not correct, the provider will let you know.
I limit the dial plan occasionally, but not always. I have not noticed the issue nor have any clients complained and all are updated, but I guess I will have to try and see what happens. 99.9% of my clients are on SIP.

Thank you for clarifying that. Essentially, I must change the dial strings to _NXXXXXX, _NXXNXXXXXX, and _1NXXNXXXXXX. In our area code, we must provide the 1 for certain numbers, but not for others depending on the location. It’s weird, really.

Weird, not really. The call pattern is a standard that has evolved over time.

Do a google search for NANPA.

I think you misunderstand. The call pattern is a standard I am used to. The 434 area code is what I find unusual. To make a call in that area code, sometimes it has to be dialed as a local 7 digit number, sometimes as a 10 digit number, and sometimes as an 11 digit number when you are calling from within the 434 area code area.

Sorry, you’re right i did misunderstand. There are several areas in the country that do this. If you went SIP, it would not be an issue as all dial strings other then like 911 are typically either 10 or 11 digits regardless.

Right. We’ll likely keep the 2 analog lines as a fallback in case we lose internet connectivity, the business can still be contacted. When we add any additional lines, they will definitely be SIP in addition to the already existing SIP channel. Internet providers here are notorious for not being able to restore connectivity for several days sometimes so we’re hanging on to the 2 analog lines for that reason.