Time conditions for directly called IVR or Queue

UCM6202.
FreePBX and other Asterisk-based systems let me create a time condition for an individual IVR, queue, ring group, announcement etc… E.g. I want to set a time condition for the internal employee helpdesk IVR to be 9-5. I only see the option for a time condition for inbound rules and individual extensions (user extensions, not IVR’s/queues or other system extensions). How do I create a time condition for these IVR’s/queues/etc.? FreePBX let me create a “time group” and “time condition” and I could specify where the calls go if the time matches the condition and where if it doesn’t.
Please help. Thanks in advance

You would create separate IVRs, RGs, etc. and then set the time conditions in the Inbound Route to point to the correct one at the appropriate time condition there.

I only see an option for time conditions in inbound routes, however I’m looking to setup time conditions for internal system extensions: IVR etc. So that there is a time condition that is also applied to internal calls to that destination.

That is not

That is not an option with the UCM.

Really need this feature. Currently, I have to dial an outside number to get to the inbound rules that have a time condition set. Is there a better way?

Unfortunately, the UCM still doesn’t have an option to set time conditions directly for IVRs/Queues. I am not aware of an asterisk-based system that has this option. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to only be able to assign time condition just to an incoming number. Sadly, it seems like GS just doesn’t believe it would be beneficial at all when I asked them.
RingCentral has the option to easily set very specific time-based routing options even for queues themselves which is nice. Heck you can even set separate business hours per call queue with RingCentral, which is super useful if you have different groups of people (e.g. sales, service) who work different hours. I am RingCentral partner, message me if interested I can get you a good deal and can set you up quick.

Thank you. I used to use RingCentral and really enjoyed their software options. Very nice.

I have not tested this, but what you might try is to set up a dummy extension using the presence conditions with a specific time that then forwards to the needed IVR. You may be able to augment this somewhat using the specific hours for the extension as well.

Not a fix and somewhat of a kludge and may not provide all the functionality that you seek, but might offer some relief.

pretty darn good kludge if you ask me. Not only will it provide the time condition solution, it provides the ability to switch on the fly should there be the “Office Birthday” or other event that often messes with schedules.

A+

Following up on this dummy extension idea, if I want calls to go to RingGroup_A during certain times and RingGroup_B otherwise, I can set up a dummy extension that does unconditional call forward to group A during my defined time, but how do I get the B otherwise working? I know I can do this with presence, but – correct me if I’m wrong – the presence needs to be manually specified, so there is no automatic way to configure this, or is there? Thank you.

I wasn’t able to find a way to easily set such time conditions on GS UCM

Use the inbound routes and then specific times.

@lpneblett – internal routes don’t work for internal ring groups, as your excellent suggestion from Sep '21 tried to work around.

Many occasionally you need to setup time conditions for internal ring groups/queues/IVRs/etc., i.e. a support helpdesk open 9-4 weekdays where users in the office dial it’s internal extension number - in this case you cannot use inbound route time condition since it’s internal.
I’m surprised that GS didn’t add more customizable time condition functions where you can set a custom destination as the time condition which routes to X or Y based on time etc. - this is in FreePBX which is also Asterisk-based.

No, here is what I am thinking, but do not have a system with which to test at the moment.

So, what if you set up an extension that is a FXS extension that is looped back into the FXO port as a analog trunk? When the extension is dialed, it will go out one of the FXS ports (extension) and then right back into an FXO port which is set as an analog trunk whereupon the call be subjected to the inbound rules which controls to which destination the call will ring.

That’s no good if you are already actually using all the FXO/FXS ports

That (if all the ports needed are in use) seems rather obvious and we do not know that such is the case as it has yet to be stated. At least it is a possible solution that gets around the issue without having to give up the investment already made and if really needed, perhaps an added ATA is a relatively inexpensive solution.

Yes, FPBX, et.al., do a lot of different things that the UCM does not, but then we are not dealing with FPBX. When and if GS will add these features is an unknown. I would like to see it as well, but if I need such, need it now and cannot come up with a workaround, then I find the system that has such.

Heck, I still wait for the day that GS provides us with decent email handling - shared, delete, etc… There are no real workarounds for most of the shortcomings there.

We can wish.

+1 on what Larry says. The way I characterize things is the UCM does most everything that is needed for a price that is almost impossible to beat. In other words, for relatively little money you get 95 - 97% of the features that are usually needed. Is there some “stupidity” in how they implement some of the features or a stubborn refusal to incorporate fixes/features that we all ask for? Certainly! But for a “no ongoing fee” software model (some remote access features notwithstanding) you aren’t going to find a price/feature mix out there that matches it.

You can always go the FreePBX model (or others, many others) but that brings its own joys and frustrations. There is no “perfect” solution available.

Just my two cents …

Great points everyone

For others who need the 100% feature set and total control (i.e. CLI / config file edit / custom Asterisk flows etc.) and don’t want any ongoing fee, then I suggest Sangoma’s PBXAct line of systems which I also use and it is a great price for the functionality. It has everything that UCM has but also all the customization you need. It’s linux at the core and you get total root access (unlike GS UCM boxes) so you can also utilize it for other lightweight processes that linux can be used for, i.e. background music server, remote connection etc.
Not to ‘complain’ about GS but they haven’t been making exactly the changes lots of us have been requesting over the years so for those who need an Asterisk-based PBX that includes that 100% feature set, now you know of an option for you at least.

That is if you want to support Sangoma. Many in the community would rather walk over hot coals than do so. But, again, you select the appropriate tool for the task, just like anything else.