Standard Phone Ringtones

Frustrated to see that inspite of all the prompt updates on the firmware on a regular basis, we still see the same THREE CRAPPY RINGTONES for selection.
Can the Grandsream Engineers give some thought on this???
We are resellers and NOT programmers. We are not enthusiasts who are trying to add our favorite SONG as a customised ring tone.
CAN SOMEBODY JUST ADD SOME STANDARD RING TONES SIMILAR TO WHAT ALL TRADITIONAL PHONE SYSTEMS HAVE. This is a simple audio that plays when your phone rings. It is the single most important thing after hooking up your phone and getting a dial tone to dial out. CISCO, SNOM, YEALINK, Polycom, Aastra, and for gods sake even FANVIL, and any phone has decent ringtones.
The three default ringtones provided in your GXP2135 series, is really not helping us.
The FIRST ring tone is more like a RINGBACK. And customers are immediately pointing this out to us and laughing away. And yes it is confusing for the customer if there are two or more phones in the same space. They DONT know if a call is coming in or somebody is dialling out. GRANDSTREAM ENGINEERS , TRY THIS FOR YOURSELF.
The SECOND ringtone is ANNOUNCING “YOU HAVE A CALL FROM…” and it is jarring and startling and NOT a very professional ringtone to use in a business environment. I dont want all my collegues to hear the phone number of my callers. Its just plain stupid. Its more like a HOME phone ringtone.
The THIRD RINGTONE is the WORST. AND YOU CAN SEE THAT I AM TYPING ALL CAPS, BECAUSE THIS RINGTONE IS SO PATHETICALLY SCARY, ITS FROM A C GRADE HORROR MOVIE.
CAN YOU LET US KNOW WHO SELECTED THESE THREE RINGTONES??? AND I CAN GUESS IT IS ONE OF THE OWNERS AT GRANDSTREAM. PRETTY SURE ABOUT THAT. WELL LET HIM KNOW THAT ITS TIME HE LISTENED TO OTHERS.
SO ONE LAST TIME, PLEASE ADD SOME DECENT RINGTONES AND LET US ALL HAVE HAPPY AND SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. YOUR PHONES ARE GREAT , WE LOVE THEM, AND THATS WHY IT HURTS TO KNOW THAT INSPITE OF SO MANY YEARS AND UPDATES AND SO MANY POSTS WITH REGARDS TO THIS, THERE HAS NOT BEEN A SINGLE CHANGE IN THE RINGTONE SELECTION. PLEASE ACT ON THIS NOW!!!

I agree. With fewer caps, but I still agree.

What are you using to connect/drive the phones?

I agree but its trivial to convert files using the ring converter tool and upload to the firmware directory. Probably quicker than writing the original post

If you are interested shaileshmetro y have some ringtone replacement for your phone .

Ok. What about multiplying that with a bunch of phones for an install, and multiply that by the number of installs/projects. And try adding that to the user/button/network/security configurations you need to for each project. I am not talking about customising the ring tone for a fussy client… I am talking about some standard ringtones that customers can use and don’t complain about.

I am not interested in replacing the ringtones on MY phone. I am interested in a some standard ringtones that other brands like CIsco, Polycom, Yealink, Panasonic, Nortel, Fanvil, H-tek, Aastra, have as a standard choice. and not the current 3 options that clients naturally object to, not because they are fussy, but because they just don’t sound normal.

Not to mention the number of problems I’ve had getting new ring tones to work. I put the work in for all my customers as part of the install to let them pic from an assortment of ring tones. I’ve got the system down pat.

I’ve had numerous random problem like…

Individual phones that won’t update. Rebooting, factory resetting the phones, over the course of several days, while all the other phones in the office are fine. A firmware update that removed all the custom ring tones where I couldn’t get them back until I downgraded the firmware.

Add the fact that the ringtones are just unprofessional. Show me a car dealer that sells cars with just the donuts instead of full size tires.

Don’t get me wrong. I like grandstream and have no intention of discontinuing my use of grandstream products. I feel certain that GS will provide better ring tone options. I also feel certain that GS is working on many other enhancements I’m more excited about, like finalizing the beta firmware for the firewall and updating the manual.

As I said just create the ring tone files, upload to the firmware server and the handset downloads them. I don’t have an issue with volume, number of customers. I’ve sold over 8,000 grandstream handsets since 2010 covering 800+ customers. Its really not a big deal to create and use your own.