SIP Account import resets display selector

After successfully importing SIP accounts (see this topic) we see the behavior where the “50/page” selector at the bottom right gets reset to “10/page.” Also, the sorting is reverse alphanumeric by User ID, instead of forward numeric. This means that all User IDs (aka, SIP extension numbers) that start with 1 are displayed before those that start with 2, and 3, and so forth.

The order should be

Grandstream, please fix the “per page” selector reset upon import, and consider changing the sort to be increasing numeric by default.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! For the user’s paging information, this is indeed an issue in GDMS platform, and we will consider to improve it in GDMS platform future release.

For the sorting issue, since not all User IDs are digital characters, so we cannot implement this feature in GDMS platform. The current sorting method is GDMS platform will compare and sort the first character for each ID, and then the 2nd character…If the user ID is mixed with digit and letter, it cannot be sorted by multiple rules. Therefore, we may keep the current sorting method in GDMS platform for now.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

I am willing to bet that if you did an anonymous pull of all user IDs from the GDMS database, 99% of them would be numbers. Your sort method is needlessly complex. Your SQL sort of “ORDER BY userID” (or whatever the field is called) does sort by what you’re describing.

However, if you change it to “ORDER BY ABS(userID)” then it will sort numerically, then alphabetically. Might be worth a try, especially if most people are actually using numbers in this field.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions! I fully understand your suggestion. For example, we have 2 user IDs “a2” and “b1”, the current method is a2 -> b1, but if we change the sorting method to “ORDER BY ABS”, the 2 user IDs will be b1 -> a2. Even though most user IDs are digits, but for some users’ devices which including letters, they may not agree with this sorting method. We will try to collect more feedback about this request to see more testers’ suggestions, and we will also evaluate this request in the future GDMS release. Thank you so much for your testing and suggestions!

Thank you!

@GSSupport74 if you really believe that this is a concern, then just give us, the user, the ability to change the sort order as a profile option. Personally I agree with @SmartVox that numerical sort would be the preferred method of sorting for most users.

Maybe start with this?

Dear users,

Thank you for all your feedback! We will save all your suggestions and consider to improve it in GDMS future release. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!