RTSP/ONVIF Support?

I see no option to “monitor” cameras using either RTSP or ONVIF protocols. I don’t yet have my GDS3710 I am planning to pair with this device so I can’t speak to that support yet but I’ve got to say I was disappoined to not see it be an open video support. Most businesses probably won’t have Grandstream cameras everywhere but if this devices is to compete with the ALGOs of the world and others it needs to be able to tie into those feeds.

At work we have an enterprise grade NVR system handling something like 480 cameras. On any ONVIF compatible device I can pull in streams from any one or two of those cameras I want and not have to integrate with the NVR at all which is nice. I’d love to see this device have that option, either RTSP or ONVIF.

This is kind of off-topic for this board but I’m also hoping that the GDS3710 when it comes in can be both paired to this intercom device for video as well as recorded and viewed live by our NVR. Considering it claims to be ONVIF compliant I assume this to be true.

The spec sheet and firmware notes indicates ONVIF (S) support.

I use an RTSP stream via VLC direct to my cameras when I want to check on things ad hoc.

The format I use via VLC is OPEN NETWORK STREAM on VLC - https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

rtsp://admin:enterpasswordhere@enteripaddresshere

Eg
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.2

The other software I use is a Linux application called XEOMA - https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/
That captures all IP Cameras and the GDS3710 Door Phone

So I am unsure as to what you need here with the above that is available, or was it really trying to find an solution to a gap or 2 that you needed assistance with?

I was looking for a way to view video streams from the “monitor” feature of the GSC3570. The only “format” I see under that section is “sip” and a grandstream device number. Not the typical IP, PORT, USERNAME, PW I normally see when inputting generic IP camera info

It would really help if you would specify the product in the correct category or within the post so we understand which product or product group you are referencing. Your post only indicated -
“I don’t yet have my GDS3710”, so naturally, this was assumed to the product of interest. You really meant the GSC3350 apparently.

Additionally, GS may have a number of different Betas running at the same time and a question or suggestion meant for one, may also have the same or similar settings in another.

This was posted in the GSC3570 -Beta forum…

If you read my original post it says “I don’t yet have the GDS7310 I’m planning to pair with this device”

However, for the sake of clarity, I will attempt to be totally explicit and in some cases redundant in the future to make it perfectly clear which devices I’m speaking about.

Unfortunately the device category is not shown, only -

I did read your post; hence why I pointed it out. My impression was that you had not yet received the GDS, but upon receipt were looking to pair with the NVR setup and some other intercom that you described later in the initial post. The moniker of insider besides your name only indicates the forum membership class, not the product category.

Apparently, GS is not showing the Category for the GSC for some unknown reason (perhaps too new?), but others may also understand the post (and others similar) the same way I did. Only trying to cut down on any potential confusion.

Very strange. I saw it come up as a blank in the category then refreshed the page and it came up as the correct category… Looks like it’s a forum issue. Who knows maybe I jumped the gun. I found it out here and I had my GSC3570 so I assumed it was good to post in there.

Anyhow, back to the original intent of the post:

Has anyone seen found a way to view an ONVIF or RTSP stream on the GSC3570 under the IP Camera “Monitor” section? The only thing I see is “SIP” for device type and incorrect fields for inputting stream auth info.

Looks aesthetically a nice unit, hopefully it will perform and compare with its competitors…

Id like to see a few features:

• Door Un-Lock button - a nice looking button that is labelled correctly
  • Video Preview - so you can see who is calling without answering
  • Direct IP RTSP streaming as mentioned before
  • All video Codec varieties - 263/264/264+/VP8/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC and make the unit backward compatible with the older GXV32xx Video handsets
  • Weather APP on it - large format
  • Time and Date - large format

Optional Feature

• Google integration

I agree. Obvious door control button to be able to affect a contact closure would be nice.

• ONVIF
    – For ONVIF, we don’t have the plan to support it.

• Door Un-Lock button - a nice looking button that is labelled correctly
    – This open door button will display when GDS rings the SIP account on GSC3570. You will need set the Grandstream Door System settings under Web UI -> Settings -> External Service.

• Video Preview - so you can see who is calling without answering
    – Do you mean the door system calling preview or all the video call? will discuss this with team.

• Direct IP RTSP streaming as mentioned before
    – Will support RTSP after general official launch.

• All video Codec varieties - 263/264/264+/VP8/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC and make the unit backward compatible with the older GXV32xx Video handsets
    – Will pass this to the software team and evaluate.

• Weather APP on it - large format

• Time and Date - large format

Optional Feature

• Google integration

Ideally this needs to be a static button on the Default page on the screen

This needs to be when the Door Phone calls the handset. But a preview button to see who is at the door from a video phone would be great too (not activating the microphone / speaker at the door, but allowing you to be able to “Talk” via a button would be great.

I received the unit only today.
I appreciated it, but abig bug is the fact it do not support “non sip” cameras.
It is a good idea to introduce with next update the RTSP support, but the ONVIF would be an appreciated feature!

Shawn- Are you saying that the DOOR OPEN “should” appear on the 3570 when set to auto-answer and this is a bug that it doesnt, or is this not going to be a feature?

I just tested and reproduced the issue, i think it should display the “DOOR OEPN” button. this can be consider as an enhancement or a feature, will check with SW team to evaluate it if we this is feasible, thank you sir for pointing it out!

There is a little bit confusing that if you want use a device as the Doorbell answering device, you would not like to enable “Auto Answer” as this will not provide the “Ding-Dong” ringtone. So i guess this is a very rare user case that someone want to use the answering SIP account or device for both the Doorbell and general incoming calls, even they did, they should not use “auto answer” for that account / device.
What do you think?