Retrieve call

Hi,

When I transfer the call to another extension and it does not answer or is busy, how do I retrieve the call?

There is something I can configure in my UCM6102 to be able to do that?

Hello , thank you for contacting GrandStream support.

I invite you to open a support ticket on - >> https://helpdesk.grandstream.com/
Through which you will be effectively attended to your case related to call transfer and UCM62xx.

• It’s Recommended to attach the firmware version in ticket and configuration you have.

Attentive to comments, best regards.s

[quote=“sbarcelo, post:1, topic:20082”]Hi,

When I transfer the call to another extension and it does not answer or is busy, how do I retrieve the call?

There is something I can configure in my UCM6102 to be able to do that?[/quote]
The way that I’ve done that is to use “Park” instead of transfer. You park the call, call the intended recipient to tell them they have a call parked on 701. If they don’t answer then you can unpark the call yourself and do something else with it.

Mike

If you Park a call and it is not answered it will bounce back to you in 5 minutes (the default, but you can adjust this value).

Recall by **extension (you need check dialplan on phone if it allow)

Any update ? We need to have a call on attended transfer come back . What’s happening is that if the extension doesn’t answer,it goes to vm and the receptionist cant get it back anymore. If we want it to go to vm then we will do a blind transfer . But with attended ,we want it to come back if extension does not answer . Ucm 6208 and grp2615 phones

The bounce back feature is there for blind transfers only at this time, I assume the thinking is that if attended, then the person doing the transfer can end the transfer before the VM picks up and thereby retain the call. Granted, they may not know the ring timeout, but this can be made known so that they know that if the call is not answered in X rings to end the call and recover. However, this will not overcome those who use presence or other features exerted at the extension level such as forwarding.

You can submit a feature request to GS.

simply answer for absent or press the BLF button that blinks and resume the transferred call when you want (before the answer or timeout of course)

Really doesn’t make sense to me or anybody else who has seen this . With blind transfer it is fine to go to vm, that is the purpose of blind transfer to get the call out of your hands. But attended transfer means you want to keep the caller unless you can talk to the other extension and see if they can take it. If after 5 or 6 rings it auto goes to vm and you cant talk to the caller anymore , that in my opinion is defeating the point of attended transfer. They will have to use call park only in this situation and that creates the risk of other extensions inadvertently picking up the call .

I do not understand why there is a solution and you do not even read it, I forgot there is another option -> during the call press “cancel” and the line button blinking and resume the call.

p.s.: keep in mind that UCM6100 is an end of life series without features updates.

Whis - Sorry to disagree about the blind and your thoughts of VM, but there will be those extensions that do not have VM, and most, I think, would prefer to have the call bounce back rather than being dropped, which is what it used to do before the feature was added when the Asterosk core was updated to what it is today.

I understand the various transfer options, as well as the call park issue, and as indicated, it’s not available for attended transfer at this time; hence why your only option at the moment is to cancel and retrieve the call if the destination does not answer within a given period.

As indicated, you can submit a feature request as I am not associated with GS, but a user no different than you.

I’m sorry but I have a 6208. I saw this and didnt want to start a new post about the same thing. I assume the issue has nothing to do with 6100 or 6200 ucm .

I appreciate your help always . Yes of course we dont want the call dropped . Its just not that practical for the receptionist who is very busy , to have to count rings and always quickly catch the call before the last ring that makes it go to vm and the call is lost .

sending a call after several rings to voice mail is not an obligation, but a choice.
The switchboard behaves correctly and after the timeout sends the call to voice mail (I have already said how to resume the call with at least 3 procedures).
So if this is the problem in my opinion the sequence of operations have not been done correctly as the customer would like.
Try reading this document:

I’m not really understanding. The ucm and phones are programmed to send call to vm after 30 or 40 seconds which is 5 or 6 or 7 rings . This is normal procedure. Therefore when you transfer ,it also goes to vm after that number of rings . But on attended transfer we dont want it to go to vm if the extension doesnt pick up ,because we want the receptionist to manually talk to the caller again . I understand that I can disable vm totally or make it wait 20 things before vm , but then even an outside caller would wait 30 rings . In short , I thought that attended transfer could behave differently than if you dial the extension directly from the outside ,but I dont see how to do that .

as UCM is doing exactly what you’re telling him to do.
Any other switchboard of any manufacturer would do that.
You tell him he has to answer after 4-5-6 rings and go to voice mail, and that’s what he does.
It’s a machine with no intelligence of its own, so you have to tell him what and when to do it.
Nothing more and nothing less.

The pbx where this business is coming from doesnt do that . On attended transfer the pbx knows to bounce call back and not send to vm . Older boxes have certain functions that it seems the ip pbx based on asterisk dont have . I’m sure GS could program the ucm to do that if they wanted to. I guess people are used to it this way and there is not enough demand for that.

I will set up a ticket and see what they say.

You can try FWD whitelist (it may work for VM)