Quick config Setup for Australia

GRANDSTREAM SETUP AUS.zip (143.4 KB)

Hi

Just thought i’d post a quick setup guide we use at my company. we only use GXP2170 handsets so some of the setting might not work on all systems.

This allow setup of UCM from Scratch including Daylight Saving Changes and easy BLF attended Transfer like all other major carrier systems.

Feel free to use and abuse all i ask is that you keep the watermark on it,

Regards
Andrew

First of all, thank you,
I allow myself to inform you however that if you set RTP Timeout to 300 in case of zero traffic on the RTP conversation would occupy the channel for another 300 seconds, I set 90.
On RTP Hold timeout setti 315.
On Voicemail Min Effective Message Time -> no minimum keep in mind that in case of analog lines or release problems you may receive non-existent messages, I put 3 seconds, for the same reason on Max Message Time I put 5 minutes.
Enable Call Features I disable it, for example for forwards (if set correctly) when the customer activates the forward will be reported both by the phone and on UCM, which is essential information for the installer, especially if it operates remotely. Idem for other services, if you leave it enabled, the phone does not communicate the “service” to the UCM because the codes would not be transparent.
With reference to the “p” for GXP21XX phones, I would add

• P135 = 1
  • P26070 = 25
  • P81 = 1
  • P8503 = 1
  • P8374 = 1 [Hide BLF Remote Status] FOR PRIVACY
  • P91 = 1 [Disable Call Waiting] if not required

In the rules I would avoid to use the zero like the old switchboards, in some cases they complicate your life in the settings, and I would create a rule for each director (local, mobile, national etc…).
The SFTP data you published, I imagine are invented credentials :stuck_out_tongue:
Last but not least, in the input rules always put the number _xxxxxxxx (I never use the Jolly characters), in case of multiple numbers on the same VoIP Manager you may have to differential the input destinations based on the number.

Obviously my/your settings are correct, it’s not my intention to correct you or to make you rethink, we are on a forum and we only exchange information.
No one is born “learned”.
It’s always subjective to program a PBX, it depends on the customer, the needs, the network infrastructure, the VoIP Manager, etc. …

damiano70

Thanks for advice i’ved added P91 = 1 into our in house template for now.
out of curiosity why do you P81 = 1 Unregister on reset?

We’ve had issues where we can get call dropout on some carriers at the RTP timeout hence we extended it. Also in Australia all phone line are going to VOIP by 2022 there will only be VOIP no PSTN (analogue) and ISDN is cut-off Australia wide in September next year.

Also we use _0. and _X. as outbound route on our sites now (Tending more towards _X. which allows call back from Missed Call CID list) all the Carrier we now use block calls that aren’t free on the customers plans hence if they did get hacked it wouldn’t cost anything as they are free calls and the numbers most hackers are trying to call are blocked. we also limit concurrent connections to 1 and block outbound access to line on IVR and Voicemail, we also use IP authentication for remote access not just username and passwords. old days we had to make lots of rules but times have changed and it makes it a lot easier for us.

SFTP are just test setting we use intermittently however we have never gotten SFTP to work correctly on any of our SFTP servers, other SFTP Client work on our servers but not Grandstream we installed a temp free SFTP server and its the only server that ever worked with the grandstream however it crashed every couple of hours.

As always love to hear how other people set things up as we all do thing differently and sometime other people have ideas and I’ve never even thought about.

Regards
Andrew

P81 = 1 should help to break down the recording in case of restart of the phone, so the recording will take place at the restart. It happens that the recording can remain “hanging” for a sudden restart.
As far as outgoing routes are concerned, we have to be very careful not so much with local or national calls, but with international calls to certain routes.
The dishonest place “illegal” numbers in Africa, Ukraine, etc. … calling those numbers costs a lot of money to click the answer and every minute, they make calls from the pierced server to those numbers every 15 seconds. In one night, “your customer” will make it for several hundred dollars, with the obvious consequences.
For these reasons you ALWAYS have to put a Firewall and create the appropriate in ACL, and on UCM create the rule _00. disabled (enabling the international as desired by the customer).
Almost no installer does this, they often install a voip server on the fly and leave the customer to his future.
Professionally I find it unprofessional, then everyone does as they please :slight_smile:

Yes understand the _00. disable just all the Carrier we use block all intl call except to country with free call if you require access to any other country it need to be requested in writing to the carrier. too much tool fraud was happening and the carrier cracked down on it.