Problem, bugs, missing options

Where is SIP register ? (i see hidden option for this)
DiD/DOD ?
What for SD/USB ? there is no option to record

Will be there ext like trunk ? (register to GXW4501 - competitors have this).

Shaping inbound/outband.
It separated, now for me it is illogical. I have restriction in inbound (what FOR ?) as i do not select outband there.
Outband: I cannot select inbound so i need pattern selection and i have no control for CallerID Pattern here.

Copy paste from UCM make no sense :confused:
Let say i want from XXX traunk Caller YYY sent outband Z. I simply cannot as this 2 are separated.

More next time i check :slight_smile:

Hi, Marcin

Please see my comment below

We currently only support peer trunk. SIP registration trunk is in plan.

DiD/DOD ?

Since GXW450X is designed as T1/E1 gateway, and currently we have no plan for PBX like switching feature, DID/DOD setting is not inlcuded for now.

SD/USB can be used as storage for backup, log, troubleshoting data, etc.

No, at least not in plan yet, since this require PBX like extension system.

We currently only support peer trunk. SIP registration trunk is in plan.

Ok.

DiD/DOD ?

Since GXW450X is designed as T1/E1 gateway, and currently we have no plan for PBX like switching feature, DID/DOD setting is not inlcuded for now.

And E1 and sip need settings. It is common for ANY gateway to have conversion. Without this gateway is seriously lacking.
Multiple trunk - no way to control what is sent where.

SD/USB can be used as storage for backup, log, troubleshoting data, etc.

Ok, can you think about recording there too ? USB 3.0 for backup, log and trobleshotting is rather not needed.

No, at least not in plan yet, since this require PBX like extension system.

Again competitor have this, do you plan making this less advanced gateway on market or what ?

New one:
FAN - it run 24/h without anything set. Fix it please. I think it turned down for 30 minut only then start wotk on full (auto). Gateway do not have any setup.

At this stage it is so limited that almost useless.

Hi, Marcin,

Thanks a lot for your comment.
May I ask which competitor T1/E1 model you were referring to?
We will try to improve on those items.

I’ve also been looking to register a SIP trunk to use as a converter into a legacy PABX. If this option is unavailable then the device is useless to me.

As a matter of interest I will attempt to do a peer trunk into a Yeastar S100. I’m assuming it would already work into a UCM6202 so no reason to test that.

I have confirmed that the PRI comes into service on an Avaya IP Office, a Nortel BCM and a Panasonic TDA100. IP Office can have SIP trunks in it but Nortel and Pana cannot (they can but are intended for tielines rather than public SIP.

I’m surprised it’s necessary to use a rollover cable rather than just use a normal patch lead and I note by default the jitter buffer is turned off and when turned on it is fixed rather than adaptive.

Matrix, Patton, Beronet whatever you take. Patton is best (most expensive).
Yestar work, just finished install one, you must register to yestar(GS lack) as it lack correct recognition for incoming call (same problem as GS will have). But it can accept call on exact sip trunk so it work somehow.

Thanks a lot for your information here, Marcin.

We are looking into those user cases of mentioned features to make sure they will be properly implemented.

FAN - it run 24/h without anything set. Fix it please. I think it turned down for 30 minut only then start wotk on full (auto). Gateway do not have any setup.

The configuration is only avalible on LCD menu right now. Auto & On two options. Auto is supposed to change speed based on temperature.

You mean AUTO (all time with small break) or ON (all time). I do not see difference at all.
It is hell of noisy and i cannot keep gateway for test.
I have UCM, gateway stacked each on another and it sometime use fan not all time.
It is design bug or soft bug, i hope soft.

The fan is a little bit loud and even in cold environment it stops only for a while and then it starts again. Maybe a temperature issue

Yes, the fan is loud. I’d love it if it were silent, and I’ not sure why it needs to generate so much heat that it needs a fan, but this is not the kind of device that is typically installed in locations where users are. This is a phone/telecommunications closet or server room device, which typically has lots of fans and HVAC equipment already. I wouldn’t worry about the fan.

This is Software bug i’m sure. There is no way that so empty space need 100% time fan run.

Yes, the fan is loud. I’d love it if it were silent, and I’ not sure why it needs to generate so much heat that it needs a fan, but this is not the kind of device that is typically installed in locations where users are. This is a phone/telecommunications closet or server room device, which typically has lots of fans and HVAC equipment already. I wouldn’t worry about the fan.

The fan is loud. You are correct that this may go on a rack with other equipment, but the fan is much louder than my 2 48-port PoE switches on the rack. The only thing I came across that has a fan as loud are the 1U Dell Servers. I don’t think it is a fan issue but more of an echo/sound box because of the unit’s design.

This will be much more noticeable if we are utilizing this to enable PRI for UCM 6200s as it will be standalone and have a higher chance for not being placed inside a rack.

Agreed. We didn’t see any way to get temperature information from GUI or syslog, so maybe this could be added to the interface and, like PC overclockers, having a temperature/fan rpm curve that can be adjusted to minimize noise?

From my observation, or what I can hear, the noise does not seem to have come from the fan itself. Rather, it is like the air is blowing through a hollow tube that has amplified it.

I wonder if opening it up violates my warranty? :slight_smile:

You can guess - check if you have sticker.

Yes, I know. I was more trying to be funny because the unit is a beta unit that we paid a token amount for, and I assume that it’s not covered under any warranty to begin with as a beta unit.

I got replaced beta unit, but well that’s me :slight_smile: