Port scheduling

trying to understand the concept of port scheduling but unfortunately i could not.

I did this:
Round robin and/or flexible:rr:1-2;rr:3-8;

so i am assuming that this should work as follows:
if i made a call on the trunk then it must try to use channel 2 then channel 1.
but if both channels are unavailable then it must try to make a call using the second round robin group which is from 8th to 3rd channel.

but it did not work this way.

i made a call on the trunk.it tried to make a call using channel 2 then channel 1.
then both channels were not available, i made a 3rd call but it did not try to make the call using the second round robin group!

why? and how to make it?
could it be done at outgoing rule? i mean from outgoing rule i decide which group to use? how?

note: i dont want to use the 99X approach.

thanks in advance

@lpneblett
i would appreciate your help.

The GWX is a device that needs to be told what to do and has a set of parameters by which to execute what the directions are. Your channel groupings of rr1-2;rr3-8 will not do as you think. When setting channels and directing a call to that group, it will only look for the available channels within that group. So, if the call goes to 1-2 and both are busy, it will not try 3-8. You will simply get a busy tone.

You will need to setup the PBX to direct the calls using failover trunks to get to the other group.