Phones Freeze on Call Park + Outbound SIP Trunk

New out of box 6208 upgraded to 1.0.20.17 - 2170 upgraded to 1.0.11.3 Zero’d up to it … with a call park/monitored call park will lock up the handset. The buttons stop responding. I can ping it and can login via web, however the buttons themselves stop working. We have to pull poe. The only stable FW is all the way back to 1.0.8.56 on the 2170 to fix this. We’ve had tickets open several times with GS Support … no resolve.

Park as extension is on. Using default feature codes and extensions.

I would hate to think we’re the only one experiencing this. If it was isolated to 1 setup, I could understand; however its every install we’ve done over the past 6 months. We’ve had to revert to old firmware.

2135, 2170 & 2613’s all lock up
If you park 1 phone on the network, all phones lock up

Outbound + SIP Trunk + Call Park = freeze
Outbound + Analog + Call Park = fine
Any inbound call + Call Park = fine

I have no problems running the UCM and the 2170 using the stated firmwared and certainly have never had to regress firmware that far back. Try using just call park, not monitored call park and how many BLF are set?

Call Park or Monitored Call Park do same thing. 1 Line key, 1 Park … for testing.

the keys must be made with “monitored park”

It doesn’t matter if I use call park or monitored call park … the handset locks up. This is not normal behavior.

So I’ve narrowed it down to outbound calls freeze the handset.

Internal Calls - Works on either Call Park or Monitored Call Park
Inbound Calls - Works on either Call Park or Monitored Call Park
Outbound Calls - Freezes handset on park

How many - extension line keys do you have and if only 1 - make sure there are 2.

To be clear, the outbound scenario is that you call out, establish the call and then place the call on park and then the phone freezes?

I have been using call park for quite a period of time with no issue, not monitored call park. I wiresharked it about a year ago and could not see a difference in the SIP messaging. I recall that the monitored was introduced and there was some issue with how call park or monitored interacted with 3CX, but this some time ago.

I just tested it with a GXV3275, as no 2170 at the house, and with a single line key it works fine using the scenario I put forth as a question in my initial line above. I wirehsharked it and the messaging is correct. I waited until the park time out and it came back to me as expected.

If you follow the same scenario, then a single line key should not matter. Once you place the call into park, the phone is idle and the call is being handled by the UCM.

Can you do a network capture of the scenario?

@lpneblett I believe you need 2 x line keys, one for the call and 1 temporarily for the transfer to park. But I have been wrong before.

You just need to ensure the phone is in account mode rather than line mode. Line mode is default.

Just saw where you mean… so how many calls can you have when it is on account mode (depends on the system??) instead of line mode which is 1?

GRandstreamaccountlinemode

I believe you can match the max number of lines. So, depends on the phone.

Nope, only need one line key. The call is already in a session and the call park using a BLF key is is nothing more than a new Invite followed by a refer to the park spot. As fluxlabs is able to do call parking on internal and inbound calls, there should be no reason why park can’t be had on an outbound.

The only way to see what is happening is with a capture, but I do find the issue quite odd.

I’ve narrowed it down to sip trunk + outbound. I can call out with an ATA and park works. Very strange.

2 x GXP2170 + 1 x GRP2616 … setup for testing. All 3 will lockup if I park from 1.

Hold or park? They are two different things.

DO a capture and send to me. I have PM’ed email.

2135, 2170 & 2613’s all lock up
If you park 1 phone on the network, all phones lock up

Outbound + SIP Trunk + Call Park = freeze
Outbound + Analog + Call Park = fine
Any inbound call + Call Park = fine

All 2135s and Park/Monitored Call Park works. If there is 1 x 2170 on the network and you park it, it will freeze the 2135s. We’re going to capture with each scenario from each device to see if we can determine what is going on.