I think it is working because it is taking a long time to come back on line!
I think it was switching to HTTPS due to a setting in your Zero Config. Turning the 3CX option off, turns off Zero Config for the phone.
Remember to turn it back on after you finish upgrading.
Um. I cannot get to the web GUI of the phone now. It has rebooted and when I go to the phone and look at the settings on the screen, the network says that it will update to the 126.96.36.199 and the http is set not the https. I rebooted from the phone’s screen and I still cannot get to the web gui. Time for a factory reset?
We did not change any of the web GUI settings with what we did.
Firstly, have you tried to reset your browser window (Ctrl-F5 on Chrome)?
Secondly, has the phone’s IP address changed? Push the up arrow on the phone (navigation controls) to see what the phone’s IP address currently is.
If neither helps, then yes, do a factory reset.
Ok. I can get back into the phone and it still is not updated. It is staying on the http. Is the correct path
Try going with this one first - firmware.grandstream.com/gxp2160/1_0_9_135
If that doesn’t work then go to firmware.grandstream.com/gxp2160/1_0_7_97 first.
Do I need to put that also in the place where it says config server path? Still not able to update.
There is a USB port in the phone, could I load the file from it?
Not that I am aware of.
Given that you cannot upload directly given your firmware version, your options are
- Using the Grandstream Public HTTP server
- Using Zero Config
- Using a local server (such as the free TFTP server from Solar Winds - https://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/free-tftp-server)
Thanks everyone for the help. Finally got the firmware changed. Now on 188.8.131.52. but now cannot get to phones web page. Weird. I think there is something wrong with this phone.
I am not sure what “cannot get to the phone’s web page means”
In case it means it does not load properly, i suggest you clear your browser cache (Cntrl-F5 on Chrome).
Thanks again drostoker. This phone is now UTD and working as expected