Not Detecting KeyPresses from external sources

Using a UCM63xx : I have 2 analog trunks using a ZTE line.
My issue is the system cannot detect incoming key presses.
It works for internal calls, it does not work on any cell phone or land line incoming calls.
I have gone through all settings, diagnostics, and forum pages that I’ve found.
PSTN has been auto-detected. Signalling troubleshooting couldn’t detect incoming pulses at all from the keypress.
DTMF on the extensions are set to RCF4733.

I am sure I am missing something here, but if anyone can help that would be great.

Plug a normal analogue handset into the ZTE FXS port 1 by 1 and see if you can hear incoming dtmf tones from the cellular side when a mobile to ZTE call is established.

No audible indication at all of a keypress that way.

This sounds like a ZTE device problem not a Grandstream one.

That was my first thought too, However I can hear the incoming key presses from an analog phone also on a ZTE Network and they still do not register on the IVR.

You contradict yourself, you state when you plug a normal analogue phone into the ZTE you dont get DTMF, then when I state it sounds like the ZTE is at fault you say you can hear it.

Apologies. Here’s what I meant: the tests progressed as I try to fix this.

Calling the zte analog phone on fxs port from my cell phone, there are no audible tones.

Calling the zte analog phone on fxs port with another analog phone, on a separate zte line, I can hear the pulses come through the line to the analog zte fxs on the ucm.

For reference if it’s necessary - this is a zte dial service, which basically converts a cell signal to a pots line. ( clarifying as until the last year I had no idea these existed)

Ok… please clarify - what happens with the following:

• Cellphone --> ZTE --> FXS port --> UCM
    Outcome =

• Land Line --> ZTE --> FXS port --> UCM
    Outcome =

Now try with the following:

• Cellphone --> ZTE --> FXS port --> Normal Analogue Phone
    Outcome =

• Land Line --> ZTE --> FXS port --> Normal Analogue Phone
    Outcome =

• Cellphone --> ZTE --> FXS port --> UCM
    Outcome = Nothing Audible, no response from ivr
  • Land Line --> ZTE --> FXS port --> UCM
    Outcome = audible tone, no response from IVR

Now try with the following:

Outcome = No audible tone on handset ( fxs)
    Outcome = Audible tone on handset ( fxs)

So when a landline calls the ZTE cell number the call is passed to the fxs port of the ZTE and you can hear an audible tone.

With the same scenario as before - make a call from a landline phone to the ZTE cell number to the FXS port connected to the UCM. Direct the call direct to a handset connected to the ucm instead of the IVR at the inbound route.

Do you get audio then on the far end and the ucm extension?

You lost me on this one - and I am certain that is a good thing

using a land line - If i call in to the zte connected to the FXO1, routed to an analog phone ( FXS) through the UCM, How do i then direct the call to another extension? And is this what you are asking me to do or am I having an off day.

Now we are getting somewhere…

The phone you have plugged into the FXS port of the UCM - remove it. Then plug that phone into the ZTE FXS port.

What is the outcome as per below?

Outcome =
    Outcome =

I feel like were making progress here.
One of my zte lines i have audible tones on both cell and landline - but when connected back to the UCM, does not trigger the ivr keypress.
The other i am hearing no audible key tone.