No audio to door when door initiates call

GDS3710 1.0.4.5 beta
Call to 3710 and we have 2 way audio.
Call from 3710 and only have audio to receiving end, no audio from phone to 3710.
Worked before we upgraded to 1.0.4.5
Have other units on 1.0.4.5 and it works as expected (2 way audio either way).
Have done factory reset with no success.
Have tried to downgrade to 1.0.3.5 with no success (does not accept last version of FW).
Suggestions?

Hmm, I seem to have the same issue on at least one other unit with the newer firmware. I have more checking to go. If there’s a setting I’m missing, suggestions appreciated.

We are having the same issue, when I pull a pcket capture the UCM is actually sending RTP packets to the wrong IP address. This worked fine on 1.0.3.xx

Have been working with support, but no resolution from them at this point.

In failure mode ours is jumping to a different RTP port (going through PBX and believe the PBX is changing the port, not sure why).

Here’s two work arounds:

1. Use an IP address:port# to make the call. This works on my testing. In our situation we are using a ring group, so it will not work around the problem for us.
  2. Set an ip address in the debug log server field and set the debug log level to “debug” on the GDS. This fixes it for us. Stumbled upon this when troubleshooting to get a packet capture.

Have you been able to revert to an older firmware?

We are having the same issue, Everything starts with the update even if I used the provided update tool from Grandstream.
Like you said Valleyj, IP Call working fine.With the last update I guess you can put more than one IP but that is not optimal solution.
As far as I know there is no downgrade from 1.0.4.5 to 1.0.3.X. (Firmware Release note)

We found the IP call does work, but, like you, we are using ring groups…

The debug does not seem to make any difference in ours…

Has anyone found a solution for this? Over a month later and still no fix from Grandstream.

Our configuration (as listed above regarding the debug server) works, but will drop out every few days. We reboot the unit and it starts working for another “x” days.
That’s 4 units at 4 locations each with their own network and VOIP server. One is more prone to the error than the other three.

Did you try last beta ?

Yes, problem still exists.

Server is local or external ?

Local CUCM server. Not an issue with the server, worked fine before the 1.0.4.5/9 upgrade. Still works on 1.0.3.5 fine for the GDS’s we didn’t upgrade.

Open ticket to GS, they will need syslog and packet capture to find this problem.
I’m using 4.9 local with UCM and never have problem with audio. Maybe this is codec problem ?

Does anybody have an update to this issue? As I am also experiencing it. When can we expect a Firmware to be released to resolve it?

I’ve had a ticket open with GS for this since Oct 31st, with no resolution. We’ve done packet captures and everything. I was hoping the 1.0.4.9 would fix the issue, but it still remains. We have narrowed it down to a specific hardware version for us. We have (1) GS hardware Version V1.5 that works fine. Then we have (9) V1.6A that have this issue. Last thing the technician said was he needs to take a look at the debug on the device.

We’re having a horrible time getting the GS technician to connect at the times promised, which were scheduled by the technician himself. Always a no show. I’ve been waiting over an hour and half for the technician to connect to take a look at the grandstream. Yet, it’s probably going to be pushed out another week since he never connected.

@lyons: Could you help to provide the ticket number?

Here are what I recap:

1. Not working since upgrade to FW1.0.4.5 or beyond, but working fine in old firmware 1.0.3.xx
  2. UCM involved, what is the firmware version of UCM? And same UCM version working with 1.0.3.xx but not with 1.0.4.xx
  3. GDS3710 as caller has one way audio and no audio from callee; but GDS3710 as caller everything is fine

Any SYSLOG or Wireshark trace available? Or already submitted to ticket system? Ticket number ?

Will check and find out and update.

Thank you for using GDS37xx products.

I’m having the same issue. I’m also calling a group from an intercom :frowning:

Is there a way to roll back the firmware to a previous version? Through CLI or something?

We were finally able to connect with an engineer and a support rep. They were able to get the audio issue fixed with a test firmware but the test firmware caused a video issue now. So they’re working on getting that fixed now.

That is good to hear. Does the old firmware has audio issue but the video is working fine, correct? The test firmware fixed the one-way audio issue but screwed up the video, am I correct? When talking about video, we are referring the GDS3710 sending video stream to the IP Phone but the IP phone does not decode and show the video in current test build, but working good in 1.0.3.35, correct? Please help to clarify. Thanks!