Local Call Recording

Hello Folks,

I’m trying to figure out local call recording on a 2170 1.0.9.135 firmware. I’ve tried a few things and, well, it kind of works.

First, I simply added a VMPK (key 9) as a record key. No other settings. This did not work.
Second, I logged into the phone directily (will use pcodes in future) and enabled local call recording and changed the dropdown to USB. This worked… Sort of.

This issue is, there is nothing on the phone that shows the call is being recorded. The manual shows the icon should start flashing but, it does not. at the end of the call, I am able to remove the USB and check on my PC and there is a file that works.

Third, after enableing local call recording, this is now a drop down that apperers along the bottom of the screen, right most button. There is an option to record here now too. I tested but, at this moment, I’m drawing a blank if that worked.

Regardless, could someone layout the proper steps to get call recording to work? Or, confirm that I’ve done what is required?

Regards,

Where are the calls recording to? What storage device are you using or is it a UCM 6xxx that you are connected to?

Calls are recorded to USB. Storage device is a USB. The phone is connected to a UCM but the question is about local call recording.

Call recording is turned on, and working, for all extensions except the executive group. The executive group would like a button on the phone to press to start recording should they need it. Recordings going to the USB only for privacy.

That might be a problem if you have used the UCM to push the config file to the handset via zero config.

You may have to make it a manual config phone and remove the zero config so you can set it up or look for a PCode to do what you are trying to perform and push that config to the telephone.