List of supported variables

I noticed, by default, GDMS uses “model_mac” for the Bluetooth Name, which ultimately translates to “grp2615_000b82123456”. Since the phone doesn’t show “model_mac” in the config, that means these variables are present within GDMS. However, we don’t use GDMS for account provisioning, only all the features/settings we want the phones to have.

We prefer to use “DeskPhone-x” so the ultimate bluetooth name shows as “DeskPhone-x1234” However, I can’t find anything published on what variables the various phones support, and nothing in GDMS documentation indicates it either.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find such a list?

Thanks.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! Users can modify the Bluetooth Name as the screenshot shows below. Users can modify it in the GDMS platform to a specific name and assign it to the device:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Yes, the question wasn’t about that, but really a list of other variables that translate down to the phone level. We don’t use GDMS for SIP account management, so we’d expect to push a variable down to the phone that it would recognize and then translate.

For example, in GDMS, if we were to make the phone’s bluetooth and hostnames:
DeskPhone-x$User1$
It would populate that in the phone, and the phone would know to actually publish:
DeskPhone-x1234

This question was to get a list of ALL VARIABLES the phone directly supports throughout it’s various config screens. GDMS variables would also be useful for other folks I’m sure, but since we don’t use GDMS for account management, it would never know the SIP User, so a GDMS variable doesn’t help in this case and we’d need to know the phone variables.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! GDMS platform does not limit the configuration contents, but we may need to ensure the GRP models support to recognize/translate/apply the variables. This should not be a request for GDMS platform side, and we may need to consult with GRP developing team to implement this feature in the deskphone side. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!