LDAP Phonebook incorrectly populating "Local Phonebook" via XML download on the GXP2170


#1

I apologize in advance for the lack of concrete information. I am not at the office, but this was bugging me so much I decided to make the post now. The pictures I am showing where made using the UCM demo GUI for the UCM 6510.

I am having a problem where the XML file I am able to export using the [System Settings > LDAP Server > LDAP Phonebook > “Export selected phonebook” button] in the UCM interface does not match the one being downloaded by my GXP2170.
The UCM interface XML download only contains extensions that have the “Enable LDAP” setting ticked. The GXP2170 is somehow downloading an XML that contains a full list of extensions, including the ones that have “Enable LDAP” unticked. As a consequence, many contacts that I do not want to show up in the GXP2170’s Local Phonebook, are showing up anyway. To make matters even more confusing, the GXP2170’s on device LDAP phonebook correctly does not contain any contacts with the option “Enable LDAP” unticked.

My Global Policy & model template for the GXP2170 are set up exactly like this:


As you can see, the Phonebook XML Server is set to be the LDAP directory. This is the most important piece of information. I have confirmed that changing this value changes the XML download server in my GXP2170’s online interface.

Whenever I add a new extension or delete one, both the LDAP and Local directory on the GXP2170 reflect the change, so its not like there is an old file stuck somewhere and being downloaded.

My next thought was to access the UCM file directory and see for myself what files are located there, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do that. Besides that, I have tried pretty much everything I can think of regarding this problem, and would really appreciate any insight as to what to try next.

TLDR: Why are extensions with the setting “Enable LDAP” unticked still appearing in my GXP2170’s Local Phonebook, even though the source for the phonebook is set as the LDAP phonebook, and the LDAP phonebook XML downloaded directly from the UCM export doesn’t even contain the extensions???


#2

Look like bug, open ticket to GS.


#3

Support responded with this:

Blockquote
Thank you for contacting GS support.

Remember that if you want to use the LDAP directory you have to create a phonebook that shows the contacts you want to show

If you select source pbx (this phone book contains ALL the extensions created in the UCM)

For this reason, when selecting this list, all the contacts are shown on the phone.

You have to enter the LDAP server in the LDAP phonebook menu and add a new phonebook and add only the contacts you want to show (putting a different name of pbx so that you do not confuse the phonebooks list)

Once you have added the contacts and saved and applied the changes you have to enter the zero config menu and modify the template (remember that if you have configured a global policy or global template these have higher priority than model template) for the LDAP section and select as directory source this new phonebook and in phonebook xml server ONLY the new phone book that you create (if you mark PBX all the contacts will be shown again, so you only have to mark the new phone book that you created)

I don’t really know how to interpret this. The way support responded makes me think it is an intended feature that an XML Phonebook linked to the default LDAP"pbx" directory SHOULD contain all of the entries in the system, regardless of whether or not the “Enable LDAP” button for every extension is ticked.

I personally agree with you Marcin. This should be classified as a bug. It blows my mind that the XML generated via “Export Phonebook” button for the pbx directory doesn’t contain any extensions with “Enable LDAP” unticked, but the XML downloaded by the GPX2170, despite supposedly being linked to the same location, downloads an XML containing ALL of the extensions.


#4

I set it on zero config as you see from the screen below (obviously to be completed), I don’t use XML, but it works


#5

Take a look at this video, I think it will help explain things.