Inbound routes problems

Hi all,
I’m facing this problem with Inbound route using SIP trunk.
Scenario - Extension 1111 calls Extension 2222, when Extension 2222 does not answer it will call external number through “Follow Me” options. The external number will be our handphone number, which means it will go through Outbound route using SIP trunk.
So on our handphone will receive the call from SIP trunk provider number (61234567), the problem I facing now is that I won’t be able to make a call back unless I checked “Direct Call Back” on the VOIP trunk.
This is the problem for us as we won’t be able to call to this (61234567) which is directed back to Extension 1111 set under the inbound route rules until extension 1111 makes a call externally.
Is there any ways to configure so that I do not need to enable “Direct Call Back”?

Thanks

You would need to keep original caller ID from the SIP trunk in and out.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I’ve enabled Keep Original Caller ID in VOIP > SIP trunks (My provider) but still unable to call in from external unless I enable “Direct Callback” in the same settings.
You mention to Keep Original Caller ID from the SIP trunk in and out, but in the SIP Trunks setting there’s only a overall Keep Original Caller ID checkbox, couldn’t find this settings in either inbound/outbound route.

Hi,
I finally got it working, enabling Keep Original Caller ID or not doesn’t affect the result. On my inbound route, my Pattern put as _xx61234567 as I have 2 DID number using 1 SIP account and I want to limit to 1 number (61234567) to be able to call in.
Just to question, what is the difference between Request-Line and To-Header.

Thanks

Without making it more complicated than it needs to be, they are pretty much the same, in most cases, but the TO will also show a caller name. The Request Line and TO may both show the DID and are used by the PBX per your setting to know which field to examine when looking for a DID by which to match an inbound rule. They may also differ somewhat in how the DID is presented in that if a number 8887771234 is the DID, it may be shown as 8887771234 in the Request, but as +18887771234 in the TO.

The other difference that may occur in some paths is that the Request will show the destination whereas the TO may show a logical destination such as a proxy or an intermediate hop.