In GDMS phone is ABNORMAL, yet it it is enabled

in GDMS phone is status ABNORMAL, yet it is enabled and works. I have tried to use this software for well over a year and it tells me half the time the phones are ABNORMAL. It is NOT user friendly. Nothing tells you what is ABNORMAL and I have never found a solution to fix it

also i click on ABNORMAL and it says “Warning: The device is currently offline. Account status may not be correct.” yet the phone is online and working

Is anybody using this software successfully??

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! We have not upgraded the GDMS platform mobile application for a long time, and we will upgrade the GDMS platform mobile application in the future (maybe in late October). If you want to check the “warning” issue, please send your device MAC address to us for troubleshooting. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

It sounds like your using the phone application because you mentioned software. I’m assuming your talking about the website.

I use the GDMS website extensively. I have zero issues since training myself to commit to GDMS. If I sometimes log into a phone directly, it sometimes shows abnormal until I factory reset the phone. I can’t explain why, and I wish it didn’t. Also, ensure you don’t have a fight between zero config and GDMS. That has also been a problem.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! I think JohnGlobal is talking about the GDMS mobile application and we will try our best to release a new version for that application. For the device status displaying issue in the GDMS platform, it may caused by some reasons such as network issues, other provisioning servers, or the parameters conflict (e.g. users may configure too many parameters which in Text Editor that conflict with the paramters in “Set Parameters”), and we need to troubleshoot such issue based on the specific case. GDMS platform will not conflict with Zero Config, but the device will apply the last time provisioning parameters. We suggest users to only use GDMS platform for provisioning purposes. Thanks for your testing and feedback!

Thank you!

After setting up a Telephone locally the GDMS will show abnormal until you synch with the local configuration.
Also if one of the accounts is not registered it will also show abnormal.
Also I haven’t confirmed this but, I think if you disable “Periodic Inform Interval” in Maintenance under TR-069 it will show offline.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Please see my comments inline:

After setting up a Telephone locally the GDMS will show abnormal until you synch with the local configuration.
Generally, the device status will not be “Abnormal” after setting up phone settings locally unless the user changes some settings and cause that the keep-alive data packets from the device cannot be sent to the server. This is depending on what settings the user has made in the phone.
Also if one of the accounts is not registered it will also show abnormal.
Yes, this is correct behavior.
Also I haven’t confirmed this but, I think if you disable “Periodic Inform Interval” in Maintenance under TR-069 it will show offline.
No, this is relevant to the device abnormal status. If the user disables this option, the periodic report will not be sent to the server, and there is no keep-alive packets sent to the server, so that the server will consider that the device is currently offline. If the periodic report is normal, but there is no keep-alive packets, the device will be considered as NAT status, which is abnormal status. If the keep-alive data packets are not sent to the server correctly, the user can check whether stun1.gdms.cloud and 6379 port can send UDP packets correctly. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!