HT813 FXO to Bogen Multicom 2000

Attempting to interface with a Bogen Multicom 2000. We have configured the FXO port of the HT813 as an extension. It is registered fine. When the extension is dialed we get a busy signal. The line coming out of the Bogen does provide dialtone. If I plug in my butt set I can get dialtone just fine. Have this same setup with Valcom paging systems and it works fine, but this Bogen is proving to be problematic.

I know nothing about the Bogen system, was just told by the original installer that we would need to connect to an FXO device. I tried calling Bogen as well, but they weren’t that helpful. Basically told me any FXO or Loop Start device should work.

We’re stuck, and would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

It would help to know what card you are connecting to in the Bogen system and the intent of what is wanting to be accomplished,

Additionally, there is a Beta firmware out for the 813, that should be used as there is a bug in the released version. Read the release notes for the details.

The installer of the Bogen can’t tell me anymore than its an FXO board. I can tell you it is the same connection as the dedicated Bogen phone is connected. I can get dial tone through the bogen phone, and through my butt set. But when connected to the HT813, I get nothing.

Have two other HT 813 units connected to Valcom PAs for the same district, and they work fine.

I updated to the lastest firmware, no change.

And to be clear on the expectation of functionality…

I want to to dial the extension for the HT813, have it pickup the line and give me the dial tone from the Bogen PA system (just like picking up the dedicated Bogen phone). From there I want to be able to dial the different paging groups programmed in the bogen.

So, would I be correct that if you get dialtone with the butt-set, you can then dial to whatever page group you wish?

Correct. Both with the Bogen Phone and the butt set. I am able to hear dialtone and dial page groups.

When I connect to the FXO port of the 813, dial the extension for it I just get a busy signal, when I would expect it to pick up the line and give me the dial tone from the Bogen. I’ve got two of these devices working on Valcom PA systems that it works exactly as described.

Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem? I’m in the same boat and have the exact same fast busy that you were receiving. Seems like we had this working at one time with an HT503.

What dial stage are you using?

Stage 1

is wait for dial tone set?

I’ve tried dial tone set both ways and get the same results. I’ve also tried the switching tip/ring polarity setting. And just like the other user, seems to work fine on a Valcom, which I also have at another school in district. Starting to wonder if tigertge isn’t hanging out in my district. :slight_smile:

If you need to dial a number to get to the HT,. then expect dial tone from the Bogen, then you likely need two sta-ge.

Isn’t 2 stage the default? I can’t guarantee that I had that set from the get go, but I think I did and changed it to stage 1 after trying to diagnose the problem.

I’ve also been trying to set this up through a Freepbx system. One thing I haven’t tried is direct dialing the HT813. Can I direct dial the IP and …if everything is working right, get a dial tone? Trying to eliminate any other issues that might be causing problems. Thanks for taking a look at this issue and givin me some ideas.

I have an HT that I can play with, but it will be later this afternoon. I will see what I can find out.

I appreciate the help. I’ll pull the HT813 I have from the school and mess around with it as well. One problem I have is trying to simulate a dial tone for testing purposes without hooking it up to an intercom or POTS line, since the intercom is at another school, and POTS lines are few and far between now around our district. Wonder if I could use a tone generator/fox & hound to see if I am getting through to the FXO side

Hey guys. We ended up having to get a different card put in the Bogen to get this to work. I’m reaching out to the school to get the exact part info so I can share it with you. Can’t seem to find it in my email history.