HT812 network problems, packet loss, WAN blinking 6times

Hi, I’m facing troubles with my HT812s.

The HT812 is connected via WAN Port to the Network. In my tcpdumps I can see packet loss of 30% during a call. The packet loss is not randomly, it comes in periods and resists for 2 or 3 seconds. In this 2-3 seconds, no voice communication is possible.

After investigating the problem, I recognized that the WAN-LED is not on, it is only blinking 6 times. In the manual i can’t find any description for a blinking WAN-LED. What does 6 times blinking mean?

Also, when I unplug the WAN Port, and then replug the WAN-Port. The blinking stops and the error disapears. But thats no solution, eg. after cycling the power, the problem comes again.

The WAN Port is used because of Auto-Provisioning via DHCP.

BR
Stefan

============
Edit: Problem found (see this post), Ticket created

My pure guess: IP CONFLICT.

Hi, IP CONFLICT was a good guess, but there are only 4 devices in the network.

Is it possible, that there are troubles with bridge-mode?

I activated syslog, here are some interesting messages

Syslog message: (unknown): HT812 [00:0B:82:B7:C2:F6] [1.0.5.11]NetworkMonitorHelper::sendSIGUSR1, send signal to restart /var/run/udhcpc.pid …
Syslog message: (unknown): HT812 [00:0B:82:B7:C2:F6] [1.0.5.11]EventManager::run: Dispatching event 248 (NET_DUPLICATE_IP) on port -1:-1:
Syslog message: (unknown): HT812 [00:0B:82:B7:C2:F6] [1.0.5.11]EventManager::run: Dispatching event 247 (NET_PUBLIC_IP_CHANGE) on port -1:-1:
Syslog message: (unknown): HT812 [00:0B:82:B7:C2:F6] [1.0.5.11]EventDuplicateIP: false
Syslog message: (unknown): HT812 [00:0B:82:B7:C2:F6] [1.0.5.11]NetworkMonitorHelper::sendSIGUSR1, send signal to restart /var/run/udhcpc.pid …

Set static IP if possible ?
log you show is ok i think as
EventDuplicateIP: false
Which mean no conflict ?

But for more i think you should open ticket with GS, dev could say more.

Ok, thanks. I will open a ticket and if I got any solution, I will post it here.

PS.: it definitly depends on this DuplicateIP Event, because it repeats every 10 seconds, like the voice

So, i found the factors which produce this behaviour. The problem is a setting in my DHCP Server, which never makes troubles for other VoIP Devices.

When the DHCP-Server sends in Option 3 a Router-IP which is not online in this moment, the HT-812 hangs in a “DHCP-Loop”. The HT-812 is configured, has an IP, making calls and visiting its configuration website is possible. But every 10 seconds the DHCP-Client restarts and request an IP from the DHCP-Server. The HT-812 doesn’t really checks, if the Router-IP is a real router, it only needs an IP which is online in this moment. Or the DHCP-Server sends no Option 3.

For me, thats not a normal behaviour, because my VoIP network is isolated from the rest. And only for update or service I activate my gateway. I opend a ticket and i hope Grandstream will fix this.

Stefan,

have you resolved this problem? We have same situation setting HT818 in bridge mode.

Hi, Grandstream confirmed my BugReport (Ticket) and forwarded it to devTeam. I hope there is a fixed version in the near future.

BR