HT802 No Dial Tone

Hi all,

I purchased an HT 802 and have been playing with it on and off but am still unable to get it to work properly.

So far, I have two different VOIP accounts and I have set the 802 up and both are now showing as registered with the provider.

I have also plugged a phone into it, but for some reason, I do not get a dial tone, am unable to dial out and also, am unable to get it to ring.

Does anyone have any suggestions here, please as I really need to get this thing up and running?

HT802 - No dial tone
HT802 - No dial tone

Be sure that those phones use the 2 PINs in the middle of the RJ-plug like shown on the left pic here:
RJ Plug
At a network socket this is equal to PIN 4 and 5.
Older Phones may use diferent pins at the phone side like 3 and 6 or sometimes PIN 5 and 6.
In this case you may use an adapter to take the pins 4 and 5 of the HT802 to the pins 3 and 6 (5/6).
I take a crimping tool.to make it work.
It´s the cheapest and most effective way if you already own such a tool.
If you only need it once, then it´s probably cheaper to ask someone to crimp it for you.
Regards Michael

Or, for $4US, you can have https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-41062-Telephone-Splitter/dp/B0002J2PXY

Thanks for the information.

I am in the UK and we have something called a BT plug.Looking at my BT plug, which has six terminals on it, for terminals one and six, there is no metal pin. This leaves pins two, three, four and five.

For BT Plug wikipedia tells me this information:

Typically it will have a 6P4C or 6P2C modular connector at the telephone end: this latter may be wired as per the RJ11 standard (with pins 3 and 4), or it may be wired with pins 2 and 5, as a straight through cable from the BT plug (which uses pins 2 and 5 for the line, unlike RJ11, which uses pins 3 and 4). Thus cables are not in general compatible between different phones, as the phone base may have a socket with pins 2 and 5 (requiring a straight through cable), or have an RJ11 socket (requiring a crossover cable).

You have two topics open that are very similar. This one and HT802 - No dial tone.

Please consider which one you would like to keep active and we’ll close the other to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the notification; can you please close the other one?

Done. Thanks.