HT802 completely stops responding to everything until I power cycle it

suggestion
bug

HT802 completely stops responding to everything until I power cycle it.
Totally FROZEN.
Has there been a resolution to this… I have to unplug power and re plug to bring my ht802 back to life.
I have upgraded to latest firmware and still does this. My older HT802 is ok and on same network.

Please explain what totally frozen means. Can you ping the device, get into the Web Gui, connect an analog phone and use the dial code “***” to get to the menu, etc…

No ping, no web access, does not show on device list in router, all powered up, lights look normal on device, but no dial tone on either line and IP not found on web and no access with “***” until I power cycle it almost a daily process now. My other one seems ok. Access this morning still ok

I have a similar issue but I can usually still ping. I just can’t access the web interface and the device goes off line. I have to reboot it to get it working again. We have several and it is only some of them that have issues.

I did a firmware update to see if any changes even if it was already updated, reboot power cycle… so far holding ok… can’t remember if it froze. Keeping an eye on it. My other older device which had no incoming rings seems to be ok now after not using it for months, but it is out of hearing range with an analog phone connected to it.
The one in question is connected to my cics meridian phone system.

I mostly use them for faxing and a few analog phones. I just upgraded to the latest firmware and I have a few that are a bit more stable so far but I still have issues with others. I’m about to switch the faxes to eFax so at least I won’t need to worry about those anymore.

I have a similar issue but I can usually still ping.
I just can’t access the web interface and the device goes off line.
I have to reboot it to get it working again

I did a firmware ht802fw.bin update and looking what happend

Hi Astro4000
which firmware version?

Best Regards,

I did a firmware update, possibly the latest over what I think was the latest in it and so far it has been OK since my initial posting. Fingers crossed.

Hi Astro4000 ,
I have a Release_HT802_1.0.19.11 installed ( that is the most current)
thank you
Best Regards ,

Hardware Version: V1.6A Part Number – 9610003716A
Software Version: Program – 1.0.19.11 Bootloader – 1.0.19.4 Core – 1.0.19.3 Base – 1.0.19.11
CPE – 1.0.1.141

Hi Astro4000
Yes , I have the same installed
Best Regards,

I will let you know, what is the evolution with the new firmware (if the problem continues or not)

Greetings,

Good Morning ,

The problem happened again :frowning:

Any other recommendations to solve this problem

Best regards ,

Hi,

I have a Beta-Release_HT802_1.0.21.4 installed

I will wait two days to see how it evolves

Best Regards ,

Good Morning ,

The problem has happened again, I can’t think of what else to do
I can only think of replacing the box
maybe another Idea?

Best Regards,

Anibal

While I can’t know for sure, it seems that your issue is somewhat cyclic in that it occurs on a regular basis and perhaps within a given time period, perhaps when there is no activity and the network is idle.

I still suggest moving it off the switch and trying to isolate the device by putting it on a suitable router port of other port where the switch and any like it are removed from the equation.

I assume the device is in an environmentally friendly location and not allowed to build up heat (guessing now).

Also, how long have you had the device and has the problem been around since the beginning? Perhaps you do have a bad one, and perhaps a ticket to teh help desk might find relief.

Goood Morning Herr Ipneblett,
It actually happens every two or three days. The state of the box is with the three LEDs on without blinking.
I have changed the port on the switch to rule out connection problems, but the problem with the box reoccurs
The temperature of the box is correct, there is no heating, I have checked that several times
thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards,
Anibal

I forgot to say thatthe box has about a month and a week installed