How to get Serial number of GXP1405 from web interface or telnet?

ip-communications

Hi,

We want maintain a inventory of our GPX1405 ip phones, so we need a tool that could get the
serial numbers(not part numbers) of the phones via web interface or telnet.

Thanks,
Teja

Use mac instead (they are also unique) and part of S/N anyway :slight_smile:

You in fact understand, what is it not the answer. Maybe, if you do not know the answer to the question posed, would you be more interested in more competent experts? And do not say empty words, exposing yourself to ridicule.
And the question is: where, in the web interface, I can see the serial number of the device, for inventory. Can there be a command for a telnet?

[font=arial][size=medium]@Lensky, you should take the time to read the answer posted instead of being so flippant.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=medium]AFAIK, Grandstream does not show the S/N on their devices electronically.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=medium]@Marcin’s answer suggests using the unique MAC address of the device for this purpose as the MAC address is available electronically.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=medium]Therefore he is proposing a workable solution to the actual problem, inventorying devices, rather than the symptom, specifically using Serial Numbers for this purpose.[/size][/font]

[quote=“Lensky, post:3, topic:8669”]You in fact understand, what is it not the answer. Maybe, if you do not know the answer to the question posed, would you be more interested in more competent experts? And do not say empty words, exposing yourself to ridicule.
And the question is: where, in the web interface, I can see the serial number of the device, for inventory. Can there be a command for a telnet?[/quote]

Do you realize that you just accused the most active member of this forum of not being helpful.

Since you are so interested in improving other people, try this one:
Thanks for the input but that was not what I was looking for. It’s nice to see regular people trying to help others out. Unfortunately in this case the mac won’t help me, does anyone else have anything they could contribute to this situation?

Also, children need hugs…and food…

Web page have MAC address in Network Status.
Telnet show MAC with status command.

MAC are unique (same as S/N) it is composed of OUI+6 number (HEX).
S/N is composed of static data + last six letters from mac address.
If you want you can convert it, just need check accuracy for this.

it should be ok but i never needed convert MAC to S/N, always reverse.

PS. I should write more when i see new member, instead of essence :-[