How to disable Dial Plan Prefix on internal calls

So i have the problem on the gxp2170 that they need all the calls blocked but when they go to park a call it now hangs up on the call because it is dialing *67 *3101
I need to be able to disable it on just the parking lot stuff.

thanks

Sorry, I am not understanding.
You indicated “that they need all the calls blocked but…”. Then “I just need to disable it…”.

Can you clarify more so.

What PBX is used?

It is a hosted PBX and they are saying that they are unable to block the caller id.
So i put in a Dial plan prefix that is *67 but the problem with that is that it is doing the *67 on everything and when they park calls it is now doing *67 plus the *3xxx and is hanging up on people and not parking them.
Sorry does that help?

Wrong dialpan.
Show your dialplan

Given your explanation, I assume *67 is a park feature code, but what is *3XXX? I am having an issue in understanding how *3XXX is related to park.

Usually there is a feature code that is used such that when a call arrives, it is answered and then the call is placed into park by dialing the feature code which may place the call into an available slot automatically or you might be able to designate the desired slot by feature code followed by the slot number, but a callerId (CID) has nothing to do with it.

The issue in blocking CID is that it is not discriminatory. It is easily done, but it then becomes and off or on situation for all calls. It is not so much blocked as it is telling a device to look for the CID in a field where it isn’t. I don’t think I have ever been asked to prevent the CID from being displayed.

The thing is that they are a bailiff company and people wont take their calls if they know who they are.
Anyways

To park a call on our system it is *3101 and that is for parking spot 101, *3102 thats for 102 and so on.

I have added *67 to the prefix so know when you press the parking spot 101 it shows as 673101

I need to be able to exclude the *67 from the Monitored Call Park button.
Sorry for the late response notification didn’t come to my email.

Rather than prefacing every call with *67 you could make a button for it.

I thought about that but dont know how that would work, they block every call so it would be nice for them to just pickup the phone and dial.

I haven’t done it in a while, but there is a way to strip and prepend numbers to the dialplan on the phone that will put the desired digits in front of just the calls you want.

This would let you prepend it to the 7, 10 and 11 digit dialing and ignore the ones that start with a feature code like *3

What is the *67 supposed to do?

yeah that would be nice!

*67 blocks the call, that is a standard feature code

Blocks the call or blocks outgoing callerID from being sent?

*67 Blocks outgoing caller ID

What is the hosted PBX?

By doing at the phone, it is more complicated as you have to take into account the calls’ intended destinations (local or external)…as you have found out. You will need to modify the dial plan based upon the how the user expects to dial an outbound number. In other words, most will be 7, 10 or 11 digits, and what the provider expects to see and whether you have dial plans at the host side that also attempt to modify the numbers.

So, for example:
| <=*67>1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx | is a plan that adds *67 to any US dialed 11 digit number for long distance calling (assuming the host is not altering by stripping or prepending and the provider wants to see 11 digits). Additionally, some systems use the function (*67) as a setting that remains in place until disabled (*68).

I tested this and indeed is does add the *67 but only to 11 digit numbers. I have several systems in the office and the one that I have that supports the block using *67 is a toggle in that it remains on till removed with *68 so I cannot predict what your hosted system will do, but it does add it to an 11 digit number, but my PBX systems do no stripping or prepending of 11 digit numbers.

As Larry has stated blocking outbound CLI in the dial plan is the option…

eg { <=*67> number length } so if you wanted to dial a local Canadian number from Otawa it would be:

{ <=*67613> xxxxxxx } which would then dial the area code and the 7 digit number but provide caller ID blocking so the called party doesn’t see the calling number.
You could expand this to provide some further magic…

{ <=*67613> xxxxxxx | <=*67> xxxxxxxxxx } for local and national 10 digit long numbers with the area code.