GXV3275 is getting registered/unregistered and 503 unavailable when I make calls

I have GXV3275 Model phone with Android. I have a problem that it is always getting registered and unregistered and can’t make calls both incoming and outgoing. I have checked it with WiFi and LAN but same result. I don’t know what exactly making this issue. I have UCM6204 for SIP and I have other phones as well. There is no problem with that.

Where I can trace and and find the issue? Please help

Thanks

Too many possibilities as very little info about the setup of both the UCM and the phone.

The main issue is the register/de-register issue which tends to point to the phone setup and/or the network.

My initial suggestions are to:

1. Connect the phone using a wired LAN connection, preferably as close as possible to the UCM so as to eliminate as many devices between the two as possible. Initially, start with DHCP so that the device gets a valid network setup. You can always change later to your need. (VLANs involved?)
  2. Factory reset the phone
  3. Insure that the phone and UCM are using a later or latest released firmware
  4. Provision the phone using zero config using a simple setup to begin with (does it take the config).

You can do a trace from Maintenance, Network troubleshooting.

Dear lpneblett,
Thanks for reply,
I was following your steps. I kept the phone close to UCM the frequency is reduced but not sure issue with that. Next I reset the device and tried to upgrade firmware but I’m getting File signature error while upgrading. I tried to upload using both https and manually. I have tried 1.0.3.198 and 1.0.3.187 where my firmware is 1.0.3.186 but both showing file signature error. What should I do?

Thanks

Not sure if you followed the steps as you were not explicit in the explanation. While close to the UCM, did you hook up a wired connection? Did you factory reset, which would have turned off the Wi-FI by default as well as returned the settings to their default values?

Have you set the local LAN in the UCM in SIP Settings NAT?
Is the IP of the phone in the whitelist (just to be certain that the IP is not getting blacklisted?)
DO you see the IP/Phone in zero-config?

Can you ping it and if so, what is the response time? I have one sitting about 3 ft from me at present and when I ping it the response is less than 1ms.

While close to UCM, I connected wired and I monitored. Only one time it unregistered. After that I factory reset. Once I factory reset, it restarted and when restarted the phone automatically registered to SIP server but all other settings are cleared and phone is working fine.( I dont know how it get registered after I reset). Then I tried to upgrade the firmware but I get File signature error.

lpneblett, I just want to ask one thing. Is there any way to check this unregistering issue by checking logs or something? Here I do checking by physically going frequently and try to make call and check

I didnt get you the IP phone in zero config. You mean testing the phone after reset?

Thanks

I am sorry, but you are trying to get to the end result without providing the needed/requested feedback so that I understand how the device and system are setup -
Have you set the local LAN in the UCM in SIP Settings NAT?
Is the IP of the phone in the whitelist (just to be certain that the IP is not getting blacklisted?)
DO you see the IP/Phone in zero-config?
Can you ping it and if so, what is the response time?

The issue is not to have to check logs or try calls to see if the device un-registers, but to understand the situation and possible causes, so that it doesn’t and you don’t.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Please find the answer below and assist me if you need more information
Have you set the local LAN in the UCM in SIP Settings NAT? - Yes. I can see one created with address 10.1.1.0 with 24 Subnet mask in UCM under SIP settings->NAT
Is the IP of the phone in the whitelist (just to be certain that the IP is not getting blacklisted?) - It is white listed.
DO you see the IP/Phone in zero-config? - How can I check that? I reset the phone and tried with factory default settings. (Looks good and not getting unregistered since morning but need to make sure it is fixed)
Can you ping it and if so, what is the response time? Yes I can and see the response time Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 4ms

Please let me know your suggestion
Thanks

Zero config is under Value added features. It allows you to set up a template that can be used to assist in the configuration of phones for those settings that would otherwise need to be done manually. You can set up a template by the model, establish the settings you want and then apply these to the applicable phones. It is a time saver. The devices should show under the zero config tab where you then select the phone of interest and apply the desired template (if not a default for the model) and then associate the phone to an account and make other setting of BLF as needed. You then update the phone by sending a SIP Notify (the cloud icon) which then programs the phone automatically to the settings.

I suggest you read the manual about the features as it is a real time saver and may eliminate some potential errors from manual entries.

My take is that if your response time for a ping to the device is as you indicate, the network may have an issue or a lot of traffic. I normally expect to see devices that are on the same LAN segment to respond to a ping sooner than 15, but this may be influenced by the number of switches, what device conducted the ping and its relationship to the device being pinged. Given that the timeout for a SIP message is 500ms, this should not be a problem, but it may bear watching over time as I suspect the network is not being very utilized as of yet. Maybe tomorrow or when work starts up again.