I’ve been using with great success on our network about 60 GXP1625 phones operating on PoE switches since about 3 years. Recently 4 of my devices have failed (within a period of 6 months) with the same symptoms:
- Very slow to unresponsive usage
- Calls come in but you cannot answer, you get off hook but the phone is not responding
- Web UI very slow but mostly workable
- All phones work with PoE from HP Switches (1920, 1920s)
- All phones are on the 184.108.40.206 firmware but the problem started on older versions too.
- I use Asterisk with freepbx and the free OSS provisioning
Things that I have tried:
- Factory reset (No change)
- Did manual configuration instead of auto provisioning after reset (No change)
- Disabled PoE and used included PSU (The issue was no more, I have a device which works like this for 6 months now without issue. When PoE is present the problem re appears.)
I believe that this is something to do with PoE. Do you believe there is another solution to make them work using PoE? Is this a known issues and if so can it be repaired?
Thank you and best regards