GWN7000 site to site openvpn


#1

Hello. Need some advice here. I installed two gwn7000 set them up for site to site for openvpn as it is explained on the user guide everything seems fine client connects to server but i have only one way communication as i ping from main site(server gwn) to branch and every device behind client gwn answer ping request, but when i ping from branc site to main i cant see anything although i see open vpn connected. Checked subnets and static routes and everything seems fine. Any thoughts?


#2

Did you ever get an answer for this. My setup is doing the same thing. Reached out to support with no answer for over 1 week. Thank you for any assistance you can office.


#3

To the best of my knowledge site-to-site OpenVPN tunnels using the GWN7000 at both ends is not currently working; fixes are supposed to be included in the long awaited forthcoming firmware upgrade.


#4

Attempting site to site OpenVPN on 1.0.6.28 firmwares and getting the same result.


#5

I never was able to resolve this, my need passed, and I moved on. Back then I was told “the next firmware release should solve this”.

I suggest you open a Help Desk ticket. Please update the thread if you resolve this.


#6

Hi, all

Just reviewed the original post. It sounds like a known issue on 1.0.4.x.
1.0.6.x should have most known VPN issue resolved. Are the following issues reported on 1.0.6.x?


#7

@GS_Tian, sorry but I haven’t tested this. Back then I was operating between cites in two cities. I’m now consolidated in one location. But, it is certainly something that I am interested in for when a client need comes up.


#8

No probelm. I do see vpn questions time to time even internally. On 1.0.6.x, most of them can be sort out by just correcting some configurations. We will update our docs.


#9

The problem of the openvpn site to site could be solved


#10

It could be, but my take is that the GWN7000 is not a very viable product. There has been no observable development since August 2018 and while there was a release in February 2019, it was a bug fix to increase the throughput for PPOE and a security fix, which added nothing new nor made any attempt to address many of the requests made by users.

I had hopes for it and looked to it as a complement to the IP Telephony products, along with the added benefit of being a controller for the AP products, but I guess that GS has had some other thoughts given the lack of any “noise” coming out from their side. 9 months is an awful long time in today’s market to be so quite. It was a promising box at a very attractive price point, but perhaps the vision was overly grand.

I have moved on from the device…sadly.