GWN 7610 new firmware cannot join to old firmware APs

Hi,

We have existing AP’s of GWN7610 with firmware version 1.0.8.18 my issue now i want to add new GWN7610 AP with firmware version 1.0.15.2. The device is detected GWN Discovery tool and also in the Master AP Controller it show in the dashboard but my issue now if i cannot add this to my existing Network of AP and its not showing also Discover AP menu in the controller.

Please need your support.

Thanks,

Nidz

Downgrade firmware, Factory unit then it should be able join
Or upgrade all network to latest fw.

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the reply. I think i will go with downgrading the firmware of the new AP as this is one piece only compare to my existing 1…0.8.18 AP’s which is 9 pieces and its already deployed.
Do you have the link for Grandstream old firmware? I check in their site i can only see the latest one.
Although i want to upgrade to latest but still im still struggling to check the how to in grandstream site on how to upgrade the master controller AP.

Thanks realll appreciate your support.

Nidzms

Hi,

1. Use 1.0.8.18 is risky (TLS below 1.2)
  2. Firmware 1.0.9.xx is with router firmware. You can use that for downgrading.

Hi Marcin,

One more question how can we upgrade the firmware of master controller? As im trying to upgrade my test AP it gives me message " Please select some online devices (but not Master AP) first!"

Thanks,

Nidzms

Yes, but MASTER is upgraded in UPGRADE section not AP list :slight_smile: