Hi Grandstream team! Since you have shown interest on getting customer feedback and suggestions, I have a few ideas to share with you.
Before that, some context: I have legacy equipment from other vendors, mainly Mobotix Videodoor, Foscam Surveillance and Honeywell/Adecco alarm.
My main goal when I acquired the GSC3570 was (and still is) to have a simple and responsive control panel to receive video door calls and access the surveillance cameras. And the GSC3570 does that. Not perfect but does.
Like me, I believe there will be others with interest on using your control panel integrated with 3rd party products. Mainly to start with. I will surely consider Grandstream cameras when I have the need to replace the existing Foscams, for instance.
With this said, here a few ideas to improve your product:
- Ability to add multiple virtual buttons during a call. Eg: My mobotix has a virtual button to open door, another to open gate and another to turn on a light. Each of these functions can be triggered via API call or DTMF key. The ask is to be able to configure a certain number of virtual buttons and for each:
- Select the icon.
- Have an option to send DTMF, HTTP GET or HTTP PUSH
Desktop Shortcut screen
- Ability to customize the second screen and its icons:
- Today the GSC3570 only allows sending HTTP GETs. Should allow sending HTTP push code.
- The buttons look ugly as they are today. Should be able display icons instead (offered by you and/or uploaded by us).
- Even better if the buttons could be dynamic based on state (eg: light on/light off). It could require extra code form to read state from somewhere.
- Allow the execution of web apps, ie, include a light web browser to run 3rd party web applications.
- Ability to customize which buttons are visible or not. Potentially swap with customized buttons (desktop shortcuts)
Physical home button
- Add secondary functions (using configuration similar to desktop shortcuts). For instance:
a) Long press: Open Door
b) 2 quick touches: Turn on all external lights
c) 3 quick touches: Open front gate
Sorry for the extensive comment. Hope some of this resonates with you. It would also be great to get the feedback from other users.