GRP2614 can not edit Virtual or Physical Multi-Purpose Keys via gdms

Just got one of the GRP2614 phones and testing on GDMS, can’t find a way to program the Virtual or Physical Multi-Purpose keys via gdms. I can change via the web gui of course, feel like I am missing something here.

I have same issue, I have even created default profile on ucm and preconfigured VPKs but it look like once phone connects to gdms it cannot be zero configured unless you manually set the config path on the phone.
GS guys can you comment please.
Thanks

Dear users,

Thank you for using GDMS platform!

Programmable Keys function module is new added feature and users will see it in next release version. We plan to release a new GDMS version in the next following week.

Thank you!

GDMS Beta!

Ok cool, as long as its being added. :slight_smile:

Yes, zak706, you will see the feature in the next release.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update. Where do we go to see release updates or get notice when updates to platform are made?

Dear Scurry7,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! You could go to log in GDMS platform, and click on “System Management” on the right upper corner, and click on “About GDMS” option. Then, click on “Release Note” to see the release updates of the GDMS platform. You could also check the platform version on this page.

Thank you!

Any idea when we will see next release, I don’t seem to be able to set the MPK even directly in the GUI either…

Dear ServcommTC,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! Could you kindly help to describe this issue in details? When I tried to provision MPKs to GXV3370 via GDMS, it works fine for me. Could you let us know what device you are using with GDMS? Could you let me know the firmware version and your test progress? Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you!

Hi we are Beta testing the GRP2614 firmware is currently 1.0.0.31

Many thanks

Tony Cave

Dear ServcommTC,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! We tested GRP2614 1.0.0.31 on GDMS 1.0.0.42, and we can allocate MPKs settings into the device successfully. We cannot reproduce this issue. Could you describe your test steps in details?

You can try to go to phone’s “Set Parameters” -> “Settings” -> “Programmable Keys”, and go to “Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys” to configuration your MPKs. Please note users need to check option “enable Programmable Keys”.

Thank you!

I was only able to adjust the MPK for a single phone, but is it possible to manage MPKs for a group of phones?

Most of the phones I manage have the same buttons per location/site… It would be nice to change the MPKs for a group of 30 phones instead of individually per phone.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! If your current group of phones are the same model, you can go to “By Model” menu to create a model template to configure the MPKs for a batch of devices. If your phones are not the same model, you can also create the model templates for different models such as 5 devices in a GXV group, 5 models in a GRP group, and configure the MPKs for different groups.

For different models, the P values for the MPKs may be not same, so this is the best solution for now. This is why we did not add the MPKs configuration in group settings. This is a nice suggestion and we will consider a better solution in the future release.

Thank you!