GRP-2614 Initial Feedback

Testing the GRP-2614 and I quite like the direction its going, here is my feedback on the device.

improvements
-screen viewing angle isn’t great, appears quite dark when viewed from a normal sitting angle.
-going through menu’s can be laggy, not very responsive.
-screen has a blue tinge and changes intensity when moving through menu’s
-directional buttons (left, right, up, down) feel bulky and the constantly pressing the center button when attempting to press the up button.

suggestions
-request to have provisioning button added back to web gui for easy provisioning and updates. Just makes things easier when testing provisioning settings vs having to reboot the phone all the time.
-add/edit MPK’s on the mpk screen and not on the main screen, there is already edit information being displayed

Feature requests
-pressing the up button would review basic status information (firmware, ipv4 address, etc) (currently have to long press)
-Have bluetooth options not as deep in the menu’s. Would be easier for clients to find and pair their headsets.

Concerns
-in call DTMF does not appear to work, even with Enable Sending DTMF via specific MPKs being enabled. Even Dial DTMF does not work correctly.

After the firmware update to 1.0.0.31 the BLF subscriptions are working great.

Dear sspaulding,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Please kindly see below comments, let us know if any questions.

1. request to have provisioning button added back to web gui for easy provisioning and updates. Just makes things easier when testing provisioning settings vs having to reboot the phone all the time.
    [The provisioning process will be initiated automatically once you update the Config Server Path, it does not require a reboot]

2. pressing the up button would review basic status information (firmware, ipv4 address, etc) (currently have to long press)
    [Press up and down button can switch default accounts if you have more than one account registered]

3. in call DTMF does not appear to work, even with Enable Sending DTMF via specific MPKs being enabled. Even Dial DTMF does not work correctly.
    [Could you please change DTMF related settings on Account -> Audio Settings -> DTMF Payload Type.etc and give it a try again?]

Thank you for the rest comments, we will report them.

Best Regards

On the GXP phone’s web GUI there is a Provisioning button. It’s purpose is to get the phone to request provisioning from the server on demand. It is extremely useful to us techs as sometimes we want to force a re-provision from the phone vs from the UCM. Without it, the only other option is a time consuming reboot.

I think this is what is being requested, and if it is not there already, it most certainly needs to be IMHO.

@drostoker yes this is what I was referring to about the provisioning button. It helps reduce time needed for troubleshooting, testing, confirming a setting before fully deploying the changes.

for the up button, its more of a we got used to how the GXP’s operated by being able to press the up button to review basic information, having to long press is ok. Just going to take some time to get used to the change.

I did a bit more testing on the DTMF side.

I was able to successfully use it if I manually type in the digits slowly. If I have setup for example *** as a speed dial or a Dial DTMF, it only sends ** and not the third *.

We use *** as a dial translation on our system to dynamically park calls. DTMF payload type is 101 (which matches all our other phones), Send DTMF is set to RFC2833 and I was playing around with the delay a little bit but still the same thing. currently its set to 200 (default is 150).

Hi Sspaulding,
For the DTMF Delay, the default value is 250ms, please try to use 250ms to see whether issue persist. We will file a bug for this issue you found.

Thanks

Thanks

Can someone reply back to me I still have yet to receive the beta device.

thank you. I will give this a try and report back.

I’ve updated the DTMF delay to 250 and retested.

While it does work now, not always on the first try. I had done multiple attempts and sometimes it works on the first button press, and other times you have to press the button numerous (2-4) times before it will send the DTMF.

I can replicate and provide a syslog if needed.

Hi Sspaulding,
We will checking this again, I tried few more times, I did see sometimes that it didn’t work well.

Thanks

The viewing angles of the display are indeed quite limited, for my taste a bit too much. But apart from this the entire phone feels very solid and well made. Well done - the GRP 2614 certinaly is a quality phone.