GDMS Report - Sept. 2019

After playing around with the newer version of GDMS, here’s a few bugs and requests:

Bugs

1. VoIP Accounts -> Account name cannot be longer than 12-14 characters, that’s bad.
  2. DP752 config -> cannot save Phonebook URL when local IP+folder is used (3CX for example)
  3. GXV -> missing Jitter config
  4. GXV -> Phone language and timezone are not pre-selected when editing an existing config, even after resetting them.
  5. GXV3350/70 -> P-code setting for Weather units doesn’t work. Always fallback to Farenheit.

Requests

1. Can we copy Account settings to another Account in the GUI model config editor? It’d be great since 3CX templates only has 1st account configured, I want to manage multiple without redoing the config myself on each account.
  2. CUST file upload so we can provision from GDMS
  3. About UCM integration: you will need an API for that, please build it open so we can use it to push/pull servers and extensions config from other PBXs.
  4. Copy model templates between Organizations
  5. Move device between Orgs easily (requested by @drostoker on another thread)
  6. Maybe a way to provide basic config for different PBXs? We all know each has its own config. So, it’d be fun if we could create a new Model Template and select like “Based on:” with a choice of “UCM, 3CX, Vodia, Broadsoft, Cisco UC, and more.”. And these config would always be updated for best interop (kinda like GS 3CX official templates for GXPs).
  7. Support for GSC35xx series
  8. Support for older GXV3240/75 (they are still around guys)

And on a happy note: I see where they are going with GDMS. It’s awesome. Looking forward for GWN integration!

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! Please see my comments below for the Bugs:

1. VoIP Accounts -> Account name cannot be longer than 12-14 characters, that’s bad.
    [Support74] We have the limit for Account name configuration in GDMS platform, and we will consider to increase the input characters amount for Account name option in GDMS platform.
  2. DP752 config -> cannot save Phonebook URL when local IP+folder is used (3CX for example)
    [Support74] This is a known GDMS default template issue for DP752 device, and we will update the default template in GDMS platform for DP752 to fix this issue.
  3. GXV -> missing Jitter config
    [Support74] GXV3370 does not support Jitter Buffer function in the device so that we do not have this option in GDMS platform for this model.
  4. GXV -> Phone language and timezone are not pre-selected when editing an existing config, even after resetting them.
    [Support74] The device will not synchronize the configuration into GDMS platform, and if users do not configure it in GDMS platform, it will not be pre-selected. This is not a bug in GDMS platform.
  5. GXV3350/70 -> P-code setting for Weather units doesn’t work. Always fallback to Farenheit.
    [Support74] GDMS platform does not support to configure Weather options for GXV3350/3370, could you let us know which P value you provisioned to the device? Could you let us know your test details/steps?

For the feature requests, we will talk about these requests internally next week, and get back to you soon. Thanks a lot for your suggestions/feedback, they are very important and necessary for us to improve GDMS platform.

Thank you!

Thank you for your answers!

1. I understand why it is limited to like 12 chars but that cannot be. Account name is mostly the full name of the person, and my name cannot fit in it.

2. Good, because that’s annoying.

3. Why this device doesn’t have jitter? The DP does and GXPs do?

4. Why is that? Why isn’t the config synced?

5. From the 3CX template for GXV3370/80 :

<!--#  Settings/Web Service -->
     <!--######################################### -->

<!-- Temperature settings. 0 - Automatic, 1 - Fahrenheit, 2 - Celsius. Default is auto -->
     <!-- Mandatory -->
     <P1379>0</P1379>

<!-- Enable weather update. 0 - No, 1 - Yes. Default is 1 -->
     <!-- Number: 0, 1 -->
     <!-- Mandatory -->
     <P1402>1</P1402>

<!-- Update Interval (in millisecond). Default is 3600000 -->
     <!-- Number * 3600000: 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 -->
     <!-- Mandatory -->
     <P1378>3600000</P1378>

Dear user,

1. I understand why it is limited to like 12 chars but that cannot be. Account name is mostly the full name of the person, and my name cannot fit in it.
    [Support74] Yes, I fully understand your concern. We will increase the limit of the input characters amount for Account name in GDMS platform.
  2. Good, because that’s annoying.
    [Support74] This issue has been fixed in GDMS platform online.
  3. Why this device doesn’t have jitter? The DP does and GXPs do?
    [Support74] GXV3370 will adjust jitter buffer in adaptive mode so that we did not open this option for users. DP and GXP models support this feature. We will evaluate this option internally to see whether if we need to open this option for users in GXV devices. Thanks for your feedback!
  4. Why is that? Why isn’t the config synced?
    [Support74] This involves users’ privacy so that we did not add this feature in GDMS platform. And also, it will cost a lot of resources of GDMS platform to store the data and configuration, so we will not add this feature in GDMS platform.
  5. [Support74] For P1379 P value, we can push the configuration to devices correctly. Could you send us your MAC address and SN of your test device, and we can check it from our server side.

Thank you!

Note that the template states P1379 not P1369 (I’ll test this one instead). This template has been provided by GS HelpDesk.

<!--#  Settings/Web Service -->

<!-- Temperature settings. 0 - Automatic, 1 - Fahrenheit, 2 - Celsius. Default is auto -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P1379>0</P1379>

<!-- Enable weather update. 0 - No, 1 - Yes. Default is 1 -->
<!-- Number: 0, 1 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P1402>1</P1402>

<!-- Update Interval (in millisecond). Default is 3600000 -->
<!-- Number * 3600000: 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P1378>3600000</P1378>

Also, having the ability to set the city would be nice.

@GSSupport74 I can CONFIRM that the P1369 doesn’t work either.

Dear user,

Thank you for your testing! I did more test about this issue, and noticed that this should be an issue in GXV3370 device, not GDMS platform. The P value is P1379, not P1369 (sorry for the typo), and this P value could be provisioned into GXV3370 device correctly. The problem is the temperature format on the LCD Widget is not updated in real-time. When you finish provisioning P1379, and access the Widget, you will see the P1379 is updated, but when you exit the Widget, the temperature format is still the old one, it is not updated in real-time. This GXV3370 device issue has been reported to our developers. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you!

Check to be sure but I am pretty sure the GXV3380 and the 3350 have this issue as well.

Dear user,

Yes, this issue can be reproduced on GXV devices, and I have reported it to our GXV developers. Thanks for your testing.

Thank you!

Dear user,

For the feature requests, please see my comments inline:

1. Can we copy Account settings to another Account in the GUI model config editor? It’d be great since 3CX templates only has 1st account configured, I want to manage multiple without redoing the config myself on each account.
    [Support74] This is a really nice suggestion and we will consider to implement this feature in the future GDMS release.
  2. CUST file upload so we can provision from GDMS
    [Support74] We will consider to add this feature in future GDMS platform version.
  3. About UCM integration: you will need an API for that, please build it open so we can use it to push/pull servers and extensions config from other PBXs.
    [Support74] This is in our road map and we will implement this feature in GDMS platform in the future release.
  4. Copy model templates between Organizations
    [Support74] We will add “Organization Clone” feature in the next GDMS release, and we will also consider to add a “Copy Template” feature for a single template in the future GDMS release.
  5. Move device between Orgs easily (requested by @drostoker on another thread)
    [Support74] We will add this feature in next GDMS release.
  6. Maybe a way to provide basic config for different PBXs? We all know each has its own config. So, it’d be fun if we could create a new Model Template and select like “Based on:” with a choice of “UCM, 3CX, Vodia, Broadsoft, Cisco UC, and more.”. And these config would always be updated for best interop (kinda like GS 3CX official templates for GXPs).
    [Support74] This is a really nice suggestion and we will consider to implement this feature in future GDMS release.
  7. Support for GSC35xx series
    [Support74] We will add GSC35xx model in the future GDMS release (not next release).
  8. Support for older GXV3240/75 (they are still around guys)
    [Support74] We will add GXV3240/3275 models in the future release (not next release).

Thanks for your feedback and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

1. About #6 above: those would be kinda like a Platform Template that only has required/optimized settings.

New:

1. Is GDS support expected? With card and PIN codes management…
  2. GXV/GXP weather settings missing
  3. 3rd party API : like I said before, just a way to push the server config and sip accounts to GDMS via 3CX/Broadsoft/etc.
  4. UCM integration: allow setting MPKs and similar with a dropdown since we have the list of users. Otherwise we need to enter each extension and name which can be long for 20-30 BLFs.
  5. An idea for current deployment : add a way in the UCM to grab all local devices MAC and S/N and simply push them to GDMS via the API (either login or use the channel binding url). It’s easier than checking each phone individually and most of us already use ZeroConfig so it could be used for that.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform. Please see my comments inline:

1. Currently, we do not have the plan to support GDS in GDMS platform. I have passed this suggestion to our developer to evaluate if we can support this model in future GDMS release.
  2. We will consider to add this option in GDMS future release.
  3. We will announce to release API document once we release next GDMS platform version to GA.
  4. We will evaluate and consider to add this improvement in GDMS future release, but we may not add this improvement in a short time.
  5. We have plan to release this improvement. Please wait for the new UCM firmware version and new GDMS platform version, then users can try this feature. Thanks for your patient.

Thanks again for your testing!

Thank you!

We are missing the NAT Traversal option for the DP.

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! When users try to create a SIP server in GDMS platform, go to Account -> SIP server -> Add SIP server, users can configure the NAT Traversal option on the UI instead of configuring it for a specific device model, this may help users to resolve this option missing issue. Let me know if this solution is fine for your testing.

Thank you!

What I mean is that it is not applied on the DP since the P-code is not the same for DPs as others (profile vs account)

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! I think you tried to provision “UPNP” or “Auto” option to DP device which does not support in DP devices, so that the NAT Traversal option will keep the original setting. DP series devices support VPN/STUN/Keep-alive/NO options, users can provision these 4 options into DP devices via GDMS platform, for “UPNP” or “Auto” option, both cannot be provisioned into DP devices since they are not supported in DP devices.

Thank you!

I would like to add that the UPNP function should never be activated for security reasons (unchecked doors should be opened).

No, I clearly selected STUN and the DP didn’t take it.

I’m not that stupid.

Dear user,

Thank you for your testing and feedback! Could you send us the MAC address of this device so that we can check the logs from the server side to address this problem? Thank you!

Thank you!