GDMS no longer in sync to UCM6202

After the GDMS outage my UCM6202 (latest stable) no longer in sync to GDMS.

During the outage I tried resetting my password so I re-authenticated my UCM and that is fine.
However changes I make in the UCM are not showing in GDMS.

I tried adding extensions, deleting them, changing them, rebooting the UCM nothing is making the configs move.

Thanks for any help on this!

I moved this to the GDMS forum as this may get Grandstream’s attention in addition to us users.

I had a similar issue and the only thing that worked was creating a new organization and moving the UCM to that. Then all started to sync again.

Did you loose your device mappings?

Not really, when I moved all the devices from old to new org, they kept the sip settings. I think I had to move any templates I was using. Lucky it was my demo unit so not that big of a deal.

This was not a problem but a good learning lesson for those moving forward…

Issue:
I had to change my GDMS password then update in UCM.

Solution:
When I updated the sync settings in the UCM6202 the site went back to default in the UCM NOT the site it belonged to. It was Sync’ing just to the wrong site. (default)

Switching back to the proper site had it start sync again, all devices did reload

Dear user,

Thank you for sharing this using experirence to us! Let us know if you have any further issues during using GDMS platform. Thanks!

Thank you!

I am having this same issue. When you say it was syncing to the wrong site… How do I change the UCM to sync to a different site or better yet How do I get it to sync to the site I have it setup for?

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! I think you may go to UCMRC system -> UCM Device, and select “Edit Device” to assign your associated UCM to the preferred site. Please note that for UCM62xx, users can only sync the extensions to the GDMS platform, but UCM62xx is not fully compatible in the GDMS platform yet. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Thanks, I am not suing the UCMRC system. I am using the Voip Management. I don’t think that has changed… maybe an update made some changes and now I need to change to the UCMRC? My PBX is a UCM6202

Thanks for the help

UCMRC on UCM6202?

Dear user,

Thanks for your feedback! Actually, UCM62xx is not fully compatible with the GDMS platform, so users can only synchronize the UCM62xx extensions to the GDMS platform through API, which the user needs to configure on the Web UI of the UCM62xx. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

@GS Support74

I recently synced a 6302 and set of GRP handsets off the UCM to GDMS and then lost the ability to Zero Config the phone programming. Is this correct or did something else go wrong?

I think I found the issue. I am testing now but I had to change my Username in the UCM. They don’t want us to log in with our email address. Not it says authinticated… now just to verify the Extension sync

Dear user,

Thank you for using the UCM63xx and the GDMS platform! Based on our design, when you associated the UCM6302 to the GDMS platform, it should not lose the ability to Zero Config. Could you kindly describe this issue in details (e.g. UCM firmware version, MAC address, how to reproduce this issue, and etc.)? Please kindly help to capture the logs from the UCM side and send to us for troubleshooting. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! UCM62xx is not fully compatible with the GDMS platform, so users can only synchronize the UCM62xx extensions to the GDMS platform through API, which the user needs to configure on the Web UI of the UCM62xx. You can try this solution with your UCM62xx and let us know if you have any questions when synchronizing the extensions in the UCM62xx. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!