GDMS Immediate Tasks SHow as SCHEDULED and DON't apply

Ok I am having an issue with GDMS. I have 6 GRP2614 phones at an office building. All on the same network. All of them are setup in my GDMS account and show as ONLINE. I have provisioned a template to all the phones and they have picked it up and applied it along with their extensions.
So now I try to apply a firmware update to the phones. They are on fw version 1.0.3.6 and new fw is 1.0.5.33.
I set the task for IMMEDIATE. Three of the phones updated the fw 3 did not.
Task showed as timeout. So I then create a seperate task for each of 3 phones that didn’t update. I set it as Imediate.
I then went to the task viewer and the task status was “ongoing” I opened up the status and it showed “that task time was immediate” like i had set it but the RESULT said scheduled and had no time.

I tried this multiple times but each time same thing happens. And yes the task times out with no fw update. Even after I rebooted the phones same thing. Whats going on?

Dear user,

Thank you for using GDMS platform! We noticed that you have 6 GRP2614 devices and all of the devices have been upgraded to firmware version 1.0.5.33. The firmware upgrading task will last for 15 minutes, and if the device does not reponse the result in 15 minutes, the GDMS platform will show the result as timeout. However, at this time, the device may be at the upgrading period but does not response the result yet, so the device may be upgraded successfully after 15 minutes. Btw, some operations may postpone the upgrading process, such as dialing operation. Thank you for your testing and feedback!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Yes the phones are all upgraded now… I was able to get the three remaining phones to upgrade by doing into diagnostics and running the network diagnostics, system status, capture trace and a sys log… even though the caprture trace and syslog didn’t work the phones upgraded after i shut the tests down… any idea why ?

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Your devices are all online now and the “Capture Trace” and “Syslog” functions should work. I think at that time, your phones are processing to be upgraded, but the periods are over 15 minutes, so it shows “timeout”, and the devices were upgraded successfully. If you can reproduce this issue, could you send the captured trace files and syslog to us for troubleshooting? I also tested this issue with my GRP2614 and this issue cannot be reproduced, so we may need your help to send us the trace files with syslog in your device to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Dear user,

Thanks for your feedback! The diagnositics involved operations should not affect the upgrading results. I suspected that the diagnostics operations did not work because the device was upgrading and rebooting at that period. Could you try to upgrade the devices again and see if this issue can be reproduced? If so, could you kindly help to send the trace file with syslog to us for troubleshooting purpose? Thanks a lot for your testing and let me know if you notice any issues during using GDMS platform. Thanks again!

Thank you!

like i said the trace and syslog function do not work for me.

Also, one more thing. I pushed a template update last night to all the phones. One phone failed to register its extension after. I had to manualy log in and enter the sip server and extension info into the phone then it registered right away. Also the voicemail access number for that extension keeps changing to #97 instead of the *97 thats set in the config file everytime I try to provision it.

Attached is a photo of the phones TR-069 settings. Shouldn’t the mac address in the connection request username field? Or is this normal? thanks

I have literally the EXACT SAME ISSUE.
We also have 6 GRP2614’s and I was exactly trying to do the same thing as you-to upgrade their firmware.
I had to manually reboot the phones (unplug and plug back in the cable) for the task to start.

Dear users,

Thank you for all your feedback! If the device has been connected to the GDMS platform successfully, the MAC address of the device will be filled to “Connection Request Username” automatically. Based on your screenshot, it seems that your device is not connected to the GDMS platform as expected. This also may be the reason to cause the issues in diagnostics module. Could you kindly help to send the MAC address of this device to us for troubleshooting?

For the Voicemail Access Number provisioning issue, we noticed that your phone uploaded “#97” and this parameter was provisioned to your device. You can open your configuration parameters list in the GDMS platform with Text Editor, and you will see “33 = #97” in your GDMS account. Since GDMS platform does not set this parameter as default, this parameter should be uploaded from your device. Based on our reviewing, we thought that you might import cfg to your device before with this parameter, and it was uploaded to GDMS platform, and after provisioning through GDMS platform, this parameter was provisioned to your device. In order to resolve this issue, you can update it to “*97” in your device and GDMS platform, and try to provision again, this issue will be resolved.

Thanks for your testing! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Ok here is the mac address of the device in question
C0:74:AD:05:D2:10

As for the voicemail access number. Yes in the device settings 33=#97
I changed it to *97 and provisioned the phone. I will see if it sticks. thanks

and just for the record. I just checked and none of my grp2614 devices have their mac addreses in the user field under TR-069.

they are all provisioned from GDSM and show as online

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! This issue has been recovered and you can re-associate your devices to the GDMS platform and this issue should not happen again. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Ok so what do you mean with re-associate you devices to the GDMS platform ? I have factory reset them and they pickup config but the user field is still blank

Here is a screen shot of the ONLY phone out of 6 that has SOMETHING in the USER field under TR-069. But it is incorrect as far as I can tell…

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! We suspect that this issue may be caused by the imported cfg in the GDMS platform. Since you have imported some parameters for the devices in the GDMS platform and this configuration is blank, when you synchronize your devices to GDMS platform, the settings will be assgined to the devices and the blank parameter will cover this option. In order to resolve this issue, please clear the parameters for the devices in the GDMS platform (uncheck the box before this option) and re-sync your devices to GDMS platform, then this issue will be resolved. Thanks for your testing and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Ok first of I did not import a cfg into GDMS. I went to Template/by model and created a template. DID NOT import an cfg. I then went and configured the created template to my liking. Would that do the same thing?
And if this doesn’t work then how is the correct way of provisioning phones with GDMS?
I thought thats what it was for. I create one of more templates and then assign my devices to them?

But I also don’t understand what you mean with clearing the parameters for the devices in GDMS

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Since there are no TR-069 involved settings in GDMS platform, so the “Connection Request Username” option cannot be covered from GDMS platform to your device. We checked the updated settings in your device, and there are over 100+ settings will be provisioned to the device from GDMS platform. Could you kindly help to confirm if you created the template and updated over 100 settings from GDMS platform and wanted to provision to the device? To resolve this issue, you can do it in this way:

1. Remove all GRP261x model templates in your GDMS platform account which means there are no templates will provision your devices.
  2. Remove your GRP261x devices from GDMS platform, then factory reset your device.
  3. Then, associate your GRP261x devices to GDMS platform with the device MAC addresses and Serial numbers.

We will check the server logs next week and review this issue. Since GDMS platform does not have the “Connection Request Username” parameter, it cannot be affected by GDMS platform.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Well yes…I added all the blfs to the phone template…

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! You can export the templates and run the operations I mentioned above, and when you re-add all devices and ensure everything are fine, then you can modify and re-import the template to the GDMS platform again. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!