Anyone else notice issues with the Periodic Inform Interval when using GDMS to configure phones?
For some reason, it seems the GRP2614’s I’m working with keep switching to 86400 seconds (1 day). Zeroconfig is certainly turned off. Never been used at this site. Primarily because the majority of the phones are remote (again, no zero config as the phones are not VPN’d to the network).
I think it was a firmware update that might have glitched the phones. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.
I will be adding the pcodes to my GDMS config to try and keep this set to 60 seconds. Which, according to the config doc, is the default setting.
Periodic Inform Interval. Default is 60.
P4507 = 60
Related question. Am I totally wrong about what the Periodic Inform Interval does? I’ve played around with this a little and it seems to do what I think. Here’s what I’ve done.
- I found a phone with PII set to 86400.
- I sent the command in GDMS to reboot the phone. It timed out after about 10 minutes.
- I sent the phone to reboot by schedule rather than immediate. Schedule set for a 24 hour period. I noticed the phone reboot about 16 hours later.
- I set the PII to 60 on the phone.
- I sent to command in GDMS to reboot the phone. The phone rebooted in about a minute.
So, it seems obvious but, the word “Inform” sounds like the phone is telling some device, some info, on that schedule. If the feature was labeled something like, Periodic Poll Interval or Periodic Sync Interval, it would be more obvious, at least to me, what this is trying to accomplish.
Thanks in advance!