Firmware 1.0.9.4 for GWN7000 released as official

firmware-release

Dear Grandstream Customers,

Firmware 1.0.9.4 for GWN7000 is now released as official. Here is the link to the release notes:
http://firmware.grandstream.com/Release_Note_GWN7000_1.0.9.4.pdf

The firmware and release notes can be downloaded from:
http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware/

Please contact us should you have any issues. Thank you for your support for Grandstream products.

Technical Support
Grandstream Networks, Inc.

Has the issue with the maximum PPPoE download speed restricted to around 300 mbps been fixed? Without this being fixed, I’m not interested in upgrading.

I have a 500 mbps synchronous service and am capping at 300. I am not doing PPPoE. I bypassed and got the speed right from the ONT. So it appears to be an issue still.

I too am not able to get the speed available through this firewall. I’ve got a 600 / 60 plan which I get with a direct connection but, I’m capped around 300 download through the firewall.

@grandstream is this a hardware limit? Should I open a ticket?

Regards,

Hi, all,

PPPoE cap is a known software issue on GWN7000 new firmware. But should not be for the regular WAN connection. Maybe try to adjust your WAN MTU and see if it helps.

Hello @GS_Tian

I’m using a non pppoe connection with a static IP address. Just now, I tried MTU’s of 1480, 1492, and entered 1500 even though that should be the default if blank. I could see the speed slow down with 1480 and 1492 up to 10 percent but no improvement.

I am using 1.0.9.4 firmware with a direct wired connection. The computer is able to get the full 600 when direct connected so, I know the hardware is capable.

I have also reached out the the ISP and they have confirmed I should be using an MTU of 1500.

James you are not alone with this as I understand it.

Sadly, the only way to get your speed back is to downgrade to 1.0.4.23.

This is a known issue that has been ignored for the past 6+ months, see thread here from March:

Well, now nine months without this issue being addressed :frowning: