Firmware 1.0.9.108 for GXP2130/2135/2140/2160/2170 officially released

firmware-release

Here we are, 48 hours after upgrading to .108. I am impressed, we’ve had no issues.

This is the first firmware in 2 years that Grandstream hasn’t caused me to feel extreme regret, simultaneously fending off angry customers.

We did have 1 particular phone that couldn’t answer any call - It would just sit there and ring, and once the ringing stopped, it would de-register and re-register. This was a GXP2140, and downgrading it fixed it. Not sure if it’s just a bad phone or not. But we have another 300 GXP2140s with other customers without issues.

This is a good sign, This thread hasn’t had a reply in 5 days… So hopefully that means this firmware is good! I will be upgrading a few phones today…

Yep, do it, we’re happy with the update. SRV is working, proper DNS failover is working, and we don’t have any 488s happening anywhere in our logs.

Are your 2140s faring well?

They are - we corrected a race condition with a too-quick register retry and that stabilized the phones. That was a bug in our config, not GS.

Just updating - Another week by and this firmware appears to be the “golden firmware” we’ve been waiting for.

We have a maintenance window scheduled for a week from Saturday. We’ll be updating our clients then. Let you know how ours goes.

Have you experienced this issue again? We had a somewhat similar issue with the 2170. The user said they couldn’t answer, and the phone wasn’t sounding a “ring” even with the ring volume up. The other end of the call said it would ring and then answer but there’d be no audio. Rebooting resolved that particular issue.

Nope we haven’t had the issue happen at all!

No problem so far with this FW.
It can be glitch in config that follow from older verison, so sometime is best just to factory and reconfigure instead of fighting it.

We have had a similar situation. Specifically, with firmware version 1.0.9.26. Random lockups, inability to answer incoming calls, etc. We updated a few clients to 1.0.9.108 and the issues seemed to have gone away.

@lukeescude and @Marcin, Still going good with the new firmware? Are you using TCP or UDP for your signaling?

UDP no problem (but i have UCM as server in same network). Multiple phones.

OK. I have a few situations where phones will go offline (become unreachable from an Asterisk server) randomly. Then come back online. Those phones are using TCP, with the new firmware. Switching to UDP seems to resolve it. At first I thought it was an issue with the firmware, but it is still happening randomly. Again, switching to UDP keeps the phone online always.

We use a mixture of TCP and UDP. We’re in the process of switching ALL of our customers over to TCP, since UDP is largely unreliable across the internet nowadays.

No issues with either one of the protocols. The phones do go offline when using TCP briefly, but this is to be expected, due to the socket having to handshake again.

Are there any other specific settings that you set on the Grandstream phone or backend phone system to help keep the phone online?

30 seconds OPTIONS keep alive packets are a great idea (in both directions).

Apparently there may be some delayed packet issues related to DNS SRV records, but we’re only seeing this in 1% of phones, and they’re all on a local cable carrier that’s been doing a lot of nonsense lately.

Good idea. I keep mine (on the server side) to 25 seconds. On the phone, every 30. I’ve found that changing those 2 things helps dramatically.

So randomly we’ve started getting a lot of complaints - We’ve had to downgrade 6 customers this morning.

Out of nowhere, nothing’s changed. Groups of phones are ringing like normal, but picking up the phone doesn’t do anything and the others continue to ring. This appears to be some kind of communication issue with the 200 OK.

I guess this isn’t the golden firmware we’ve been waiting for.

I am so, so, tired of dealing with Grandstream problems.

I hate that reply. :frowning: I was just about to pull the trigger on this for a lot of phones.

We’re still doing diagnostics - I’m thinking our SRV records are too large.