Firmware 1.0.9.108 for GXP2130/2135/2140/2160/2170 officially released

firmware-release

Dear Grandstream Customers,

Firmware 1.0.9.108 for GXP2130/2135/2140/2160/2170 is now released as official. Here is the release notes:

The firmware and release notes can be downloaded from:
http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware

Please contact us should you have any issues. Thank you for your support for Grandstream products.

Technical Support
Grandstream Networks, Inc.

Anyone find any issues with this firmware yet? We’re looking to go live with it this week I’m thinking. This could be the golden firmware we’ve been waiting for, for 2 years.

We got our first GXP2160 in April, 2014. Still waiting for that golden firmware…

We’re wanting to know as well. Scared to upgrade now that we’ve manipulated the phones to not act so erratic by reducing the number of features available to the end user.

I’ve just upgraded from 1.0.7.97 to 1.0.9.108 and so far I like it. The phone is much more responsive.

1.0.7 to 1.0.9 is great. It’s the 1.0.9.102 to 1.0.9.108 that isn’t that great. :slight_smile:

You can always wait few major version to see difference :stuck_out_tongue:
It is always like this, when you stay with latest you will not notice difference as they are done with small steps. but with major upgrade you notice it totally.

We’re pulling the trigger on this tonight - This update fixes SRV records and we need our Grandstream customers on the East Coast to have redundancy for the hurricane.

Good luck. Can’t wait to see how it goes!

We pulled the trigger last night. If it fixes SRV records then this is hopefully our golden firmware. Hopefully.

How am I supposed to configure the Monitored Call Park?

I tried setting a VPK to value 701 and it goes red when a call is parked but the name/number is not appearing at all.

This is only used on a UCM device at this point. Are you using one?

Of course. I am on a UCM6202 with latest version.

Sorry. Lots of people here use FreePBX, straight Asterisk, OpenPBX, etc. Since we DON’T use UCMs (except when we’re testing products) I can’t help you! :slight_smile: Sorry!

This function works on FreeSwitch also with some mild dialplan modifications. Not sure how to use it on GS UCM.

It would definitely be nice to get some documentation from GS about the SIP headers required to make that work.

@drvoip do you know specifically what dial plan modification is required?

It should work out-of-the-box. There is a “Monitored Call Park” type of VPK/MPK, it should automatically configure the headers in the SUBSCRIBE request to make this work.

Does @grandstream have any docs about this feature?

I wouldn’t imagine it should work out of the box… A standard SUBSCRIBE or NOTIFY/REFER doesn’t normally contain any information about the asserted identity of the caller being parked - Just a callID to represent the ongoing dialog.

A custom header would likely be required to make that work. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the RFCs though since our SBCs have been finished for months now.

Edit: Oh I see what you’re saying, the initial subscribe should contain info to tell the PBX to make it work. I know Asterisk by default does not support this without custom SIP headers. Not sure about UCM, but it’s also based on asterisk, so I’d imagine it’s a setting somewhere.

However, since the UCM is made by the same company, it should integrate this feature just like it integrates ZeroConfig.

I my memory serves, the release notes specified that you needed a certain version of UCM firmware to make this works. Since I am on latest version, it is weird that it doesn’t work.